Coral Vue Hydros

aquatraders.com

bigbenji

Wow..don't I feel like a sucker for just paying around $80 for a used Custom SeaLife 2X65w retrofit kit and new bulbs (sans the moon lights, of course) So who's going to be the first to order from these guys and give us a quality report? If the quality is comparable...I may have a new favourite place to shop..lol.

Cheers,

Fred

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angel Higuera

LOL...I think I'll buy that 2x65w hood next week. Cant beat it for that price. Might buy the skimmer too. I'll let y'all know what happins.

Angel Higuera

Theres gotta be a way we can check to see if this is a legit business establishment. Maybe Better Buisness beaurew or somthing? There has to be a web site or somthing to give us some more info about this place. Also, I've never heard of these brands before. Have you?

Me either, maybe it's just that all the big name name brands are advertised so much that the lesser advertised stuff gets shot down, could be the reason for the low prices, got to compete some how.

I have the Jbo light

I dont remember who I bought it off of but it is worth the $50 I spent

It is a cheaper built fixture than others but it served its purpose just fine (and saved me $)

Crap, since I started this mess I might as well be the first to try it out. I just ordered the protein skimmer. $50 plus $10 shipping, and they take Paypal so I didn't have to give them my CC #. I just think its weird that I didn't have to "log in" at their site. So as far as I know, I could be billed but the only receipt I have is through paypal.

I sent an email asking for a receipt, and asking about logging in and maintaining an account. The reply was in all caps, but it said their website should be revamped in December with the usual bells and whistles of other online merchants. They confirmed my order and said it would be shipped Monday via UPS ground with a tracking number.

I'm pretty sure the pro-pak doesn't come with the powerhead as its not in the picture. CPR uses the rio 600 venturi design and everyone's selling it for about $15.

Thanks ... I emailed them about the power head but I haven't heard back from them yet. I may have to pick one up. But, like everyone else, I'm a little leary.

all -

after reading the forum, i came to realize who they are... if you live in the bay area, you may know a lfs named 99 cent fish on san bruno ave. couple months ago, they closed down their shop and relocated couple street down with a new name.

they do both wholesale and retail... they do carry a lot of equipments like jebo...and now odyssea.

anyway, i do not know why they changed their name ( i will ask next time i drop by ) but they been around for a while.

let me know if you have any questions...

tony

PS here is their address.

Aqua Traders

(650) 872-1993 637 San Mateo Ave

San Bruno, CA Map

I've got confirmation of my order and a tracking number from UPS so they're sending me something. I emailed them and the pro-pak skimmer does come with a submersible "285" gph powerhead. 285 is in quotes because they're not selling a 285 in the powerhead section, its a 275. ALSO: They've revamped their site already. They've added more stock and now they have descriptions.

Did we all see the 150w MH + PC fixture they have for $199.00 INCLUDING the bulbs??!! Coming in January....I may be upgrading my lighting then..it's a sweet little all-in-one fixture.

I think I'm in love....

Cheers,

Fred

Archived