inTank Media Baskets

Something bit me!!!

Marine

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Marine

see the one eye.......eye for a finger..........EYE like the sound of that:D

Okay I'm convinced! Sorry Marine for doubting you.

Nah, that would never hold up in court. You assume the risk when you buy the rock and take it home. No fish store can forsee something like any number of hitch hikers on the rock.

That would be the fastest way to get our hobby more looks from the regualtion people at the federal govn't though.

Heal that finger up good for us bud. I am sad that you had to learn the hard way....some of us just get stuck by bristle worms, others of us get nailed by mantis shrimp, either way it is lesson we all eventually learn and that is to be careful when handleing LR.

To my surprise. I was moving some rock around today in my tank and guess who bit me. My freaking Bi Color Blenny. That little ba$tard. Feels weird something like a little nip but somewhat uncomfortable. Hahaha.

fishdaddy0831
Originally posted by format32

Well, I will be damned... Both pics came from the same camera.

Man I dont think they look like the same camera......to me they look nothing alike. Just corious, what makes you think they are?

I think this is the longest prank thread ever.

Eh, I'm pretty convinced this guy is telling the truth. For him to be a troll, he'd have to find a mantis with one eye, and have a handy picture of a random finger cut lying around. And if he went through that kind of trouble just for trolling, I think that'd be really odd...

Similar story as Cesar, but mine happened with my red-lipped blenny in my 40. Full of character and ATTITUDE. It definitely didnt like me sticking my hand in HIS tank. He usually just slapped his tail against the sand and kicked up sand after I put my hand in the water. He eventually had my tang, and my two tomato clowns doing it too. He was a good teacher. Can you say sand storm? THen one night while cleaning the tank, boom! He bites me on the top of my knuckle on my right hand. It actually didnt hurt much but the I'll be damned if he didnt leave a nice little smiley face impression on my knuckle where his teeth clamped down. SHould have taken a picture of it. It was hilarious!

Just out of curiosity, how long does it take a mantis shrimp to grow? I have had all my live rock for almost 9 months, and noticed a small (1/8 inch maybe) exoskeleton floating around in my tank a few weeks ago. Hard to tell what it was because it floated into my rocks quickly, but it was definately bigger than any copepod I have ever seen. IF it might be a mantis, is there anyway to lure it out so I can take a look at it? I havent really thought about it until I read this thread. Last thing I want is dead fish/inverts or a bloody stump.

They grow pretty fast if you feed them enough (or if they find other ways to feed themselves enough). You can lure it out and trap it using a mantis trap (commercial or DIY...see the DIY forum for examples).

--B

OK listen. As far as calling me a troll. I think thats a little much, but say what you want. I post under a different name, and have been a reefer for a long time. So I think of it as more of a prank phone call. Lets face it. This web site can be get very repetitive. and boring. I was just stiring the pot. So if I hurt you fellings(wich I doubt I did) dont be a baby, and get over it.

the trolls are coming, run for the hills:D :D :D

Originally posted by Tigahboy

Dang...couldn't you have at least waited until April 1st of next year?  haha.

And the ending was somewhat anti-climactic.

Yeh I know:( but im a reefer not a writer. (say that three times fast)X)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived