Aquacultured  Ocellaris Clownfish
2 Turbo Snails
Mexican Snail

Conch Snail

20240519_151946.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
deadendruss

I hope to get a frag of Rasta Zoas and maybe a Derasa Clam down the road and that should be about it,  and just watch it grow.  Maybe 2 more fish.  Thinking of a Yellow Clown Goby and Six Line Wrasse,

geekreef_05

Welcome back! 

Thats a nice Evo 13.5! I had one of those when i returned to the hobby over covid as well. 

Yours is way nicer than mine ever was! 

Ive had a sixline in much larger system years ago. A 120 and then 180 gallon. 

Id say that sixlines are like ferrari's or hummingbirds. They are constantly on the move. And they dont stroll. They zoom everywhere. Stopping to eat a pod or curiously observe something.

Personally, i think the 13.5 is too tight for a fish like that. But there are lots of other good options.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next on your reef! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
deadendruss

Thank you for the info.  Suggestions and recommendations are always welcome.   I am just so amazed at how nice lighting has become.

• Haha 1
KC2020
2 hours ago, deadendruss said:

Thank you for the info.  Suggestions and recommendations are always welcome.   I am just so amazed at how nice lighting has become.

Nice tank.

How long has the anemone been in there ?

If it hasn't already, it will decide to go for a walk. You should find some way to cover the wave maker or it'll shred itself and nuke your entire tank. This typically happens the first time you leave the tank unattended for a couple of days.

ryans.salty.crew

Good luck with your addiction! Just remember when your wife complains about it taking up to much time and money, remind her that you could be using your time and money for something worse #GasLightHelpsTheHobbie 🤣😂

• Agree 1
deadendruss
15 hours ago, KC2020 said:

Nice tank.

How long has the anemone been in there ?

If it hasn't already, it will decide to go for a walk. You should find some way to cover the wave maker or it'll shred itself and nuke your entire tank. This typically happens the first time you leave the tank unattended for a couple of days.

Anemone has been in for about 6 weeks.  I placed it on top of the large rock on the left., It walked down into the spot its in that night and has not moved.  I will look into the cover. Thank you.

deadendruss
46 minutes ago, ryans.salty.crew said:

Good luck with your addiction! Just remember when your wife complains about it taking up to much time and money, remind her that you could be using your time and money for something worse #GasLightHelpsTheHobbie 🤣😂

Yes like maybe my guitar addiction!

• Like 1
geekreef_05
49 minutes ago, deadendruss said:

Yes like maybe my guitar addiction!

I can 2nd that. 

deadendruss

New Firefish Goby addition.  He is doing great and eating micro pellets and frozen brine.

20240527_135230.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
deadendruss

Woke up this morning to my 3 month old tank leaking.  Seems like a very slow leak. Starting to realize why I gave up on this hobby in the past.  Any Ideas on my options?

• Sad 2
  • Wow 1
Crawford_T

Damn… sorry to hear that. The tank is only 3 months old, where did you purchase it? I’d say get a refund or a replacement. In the mean time, maybe pick up a temporary holding tank? 

geekreef_05
2 hours ago, deadendruss said:

Woke up this morning to my 3 month old tank leaking.  Seems like a very slow leak. Starting to realize why I gave up on this hobby in the past.  Any Ideas on my options?

Sorry to hear that. Would make me frustrated too. 

Perhaps you can repair the hole with reef glue and silicone on top?.

• Agree 1
anizato

beautiful tank! 

sorry to read about the leak! That is a true bummer! Everyone's nightmare

I mean an IM 10 is only like $100 if you get the tank only. I have had mine for 10 years now. If I had the extra 2" on my stand for the 20 Long I would have gotten that, it's only $170. 

alternatively, baking soda on the crack and super glue on the outer layer may help seal it

deadendruss
3 hours ago, Crawford_T said:

Damn… sorry to hear that. The tank is only 3 months old, where did you purchase it? I’d say get a refund or a replacement. In the mean time, maybe pick up a temporary holding tank? 

Petco.  Looking into a holding tank maybe.  Thanks.

deadendruss
3 hours ago, geekreef_05 said:

Sorry to hear that. Would make me frustrated too. 

Perhaps you can repair the hole with reef glue and silicone on top?.

Dreading having to empty it  Not sure I can even find the leak as it seems like it is on the bottom of the tank 

deadendruss
43 minutes ago, anizato said:

beautiful tank! 

sorry to read about the leak! That is a true bummer! Everyone's nightmare

I mean an IM 10 is only like $100 if you get the tank only. I have had mine for 10 years now. If I had the extra 2" on my stand for the 20 Long I would have gotten that, it's only $170. 

alternatively, baking soda on the crack and super glue on the outer layer may help seal it

I will look into that maybe.  Just not excited about moving everything and how much will die off due to it.

• Like 1
Staticmoves
8 hours ago, deadendruss said:

Very sorry to hear about the tank.

keep us up to date on your path forward, and keep the chin up.

it will look good again!

• Agree 1