Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stone crab sick

Bubbery

Bubbery

IMG_1535.thumb.jpeg.15a58fc92c183abb980140a08ecc1a3f.jpegHello all, I’m requesting some help with my stone crab. Give or take a month ago, my stone crab’s tank lost power for an unknown amount of time, but it was for less than 24 hours. We found the crab moving very very slowly when we got the tanks power back on. For a few weeks he was just lethargic and slow, not like his usual playful self that jumps and runs all over the tank when we come over to him. We thought he would get better, as his activity was improving for a while but he’s now developing black spots on his claws and has been eating less and growing more lethargic. Today, we found him upside down and curled up and almost mistook him for dead. Since then, he’s been sitting in a corner like this. Is he dying? Is there anything we can do for him? He is not dead, his mouth still moves and he slightly waves his claws when we approach. Thanks

mcarroll

Were you able to get any water tests from tank post-outage?  It would be helpful to know any results you have.

Otherwise I agree it doesn't look too good...unless it turns out he's just molting.  Kinda doubt that though.