Innovative Marine Aquariums

Oh the hum…

surgio

You guessed it, im in need of suggestions on getting rid of some humming noise in the display. 

bought this 

hygger 1321 GPH 12W Aquarium Wave Maker, Adjustable Cross Flow Pump with LED Display Controller, Magnetic DC 24V Aquarium Powerhead for Freshwater and Marine Reef Aquariums Up to 60 Gallon https://a.co/d/3pVlzvC

Aside from the not so great instructions, mediocre controller and terrible screen lol it works great….except for the noise level. Any ideas on what I can put against the glass to absorb it? Will styrofoam be a good solution? 

1 hour ago, surgio said:

You guessed it, im in need of suggestions on getting rid of some humming noise in the display. 

bought this 

hygger 1321 GPH 12W Aquarium Wave Maker, Adjustable Cross Flow Pump with LED Display Controller, Magnetic DC 24V Aquarium Powerhead for Freshwater and Marine Reef Aquariums Up to 60 Gallon https://a.co/d/3pVlzvC

Aside from the not so great instructions, mediocre controller and terrible screen lol it works great….except for the noise level. Any ideas on what I can put against the glass to absorb it? Will styrofoam be a good solution? 

Get an MP10. You paid $70 for that junk when an MP10 used can be found for $150 shipped. I just bought 2 at that price. 2 years old. Completely silent.

Well alrighty then. Wasn’t what I was asking but I guess you felt the need to be “Rad Brad” on the internet lol  

FYI,  just like your choices, there’s a reason for mine and everyone else’s, you should know better than to think there’s only one way to do things. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, surgio said:

Any ideas on what I can put against the glass to absorb it? Will styrofoam be a good solution? 

I guess you can experiment, but things like that aren't normally necessary for a flow pump.  Try disassembling the pump and reassembling it...you might find something to correct.  If not, you might have a defect – I'd message the seller and see if they can help OR authorize a return/exchange.

14 hours ago, surgio said:

Well alrighty then. Wasn’t what I was asking but I guess you felt the need to be “Rad Brad” on the internet lol  

FYI,  just like your choices, there’s a reason for mine and everyone else’s, you should know better than to think there’s only one way to do things. 

hahahahahahhaah

Whatever you say. You want quiet. But you want to put some unsightly sound absorber like sytrofoam against the glass. Simple solution. Buy the proper, quality pump. Be it a gyre or a MP10. You won't have noise.

1 hour ago, braaap said:

hahahahahahhaah

Whatever you say. You want quiet. But you want to put some unsightly sound absorber like sytrofoam against the glass. Simple solution. Buy the proper, quality pump. Be it a gyre or a MP10. You won't have noise.

See now that was much better, thank you.

Glad you took time to think about your reply. It’s appreciated.

I will agree with you, it would be unsightly, but it was a question on what could be done if anything. Clearly it’s my tank oh and I will do as I please with it. Just like some love a ton of unsightly bulky rock and others prefer  a minimalistic look. 

btw, just to keep you informed so you don’t jump to conclusions.. I do have an mp 10, Nero 5 as well in other tanks but I buy my stuff brand new, it’s worth the diff in price bc used, you never know how someone has maintained it.  This tank though, I wanted to try something a little diff hence why a crossflow, any experience with these @braaap (RadBrad)? If not then have a great weekend! 

• Haha 1