ReefCleaners.org

❤️🏚️The Love Shack🏚️❤️

PJPS

Ya the internal impeller evetually can wear or wrap causing a rattle. 

Parts used to be available, but I dont know about these days.

18 years is some good use ! 

Some mushroom grooming is currently happening, but here’s the stocking 

F44FEA0C-665A-4771-9473-6A054D4BF4BC.thumb.jpeg.2cdf9675e0ee95b720ba69f9f0e2cb45.jpeg5560DBFE-D7F7-46BB-8ECC-6001C1B3C04E.jpeg.f2b333ea40228b2664785092a0bad7b6.jpeg

currently feeding 20ml live phyto, 1ml gumbo daily.  1/4 tsp RR every other day.  Changing floss every other day.  Haven’t water changed yet.  NO3 10, PO4 0.18

photos within hours 

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, PJPS said:

Some mushroom grooming is currently happening, but here’s the stocking 

F44FEA0C-665A-4771-9473-6A054D4BF4BC.thumb.jpeg.2cdf9675e0ee95b720ba69f9f0e2cb45.jpeg5560DBFE-D7F7-46BB-8ECC-6001C1B3C04E.jpeg.f2b333ea40228b2664785092a0bad7b6.jpeg

currently feeding 20ml live phyto, 1ml gumbo daily.  1/4 tsp RR every other day.  Changing floss every other day.  Haven’t water changed yet.  NO3 10, PO4 0.18

photos within hours 

What app is this? I’d like to have a stocklist, but this seems interesting

• PJPS changed the title to ❤️🏚️The Love Shack🏚️❤️

Preparing for the first WC on this system, so we checked the chemistry.Alk 7, ca 420, mag 1250.  Havent tested nutrients yet, but a water change will easily reset the barely off chemistry.  Given there are no fish in there yet, I’m not expecting the nutrients to be totally out of control.

• Like 2

Full video to reference how it looked in March 2023

Judging by the pods all over the glass, this tank could support a fish comfortably at this point.

Montgomery snoozing through Luther S01E04 (classic episode btw)

C7D82885-B53F-484D-A65E-C7D7722EA7AB.thumb.jpeg.de66126911505dc58dc6cfbdecaea492.jpeg
IOS 16 AI craziness.  I just tapped him in a photo

image.thumb.png.306047368a2c45f74e1af6da455dfe4e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saw NDA had these and decided it’d be the first fish in here…

https://ndaquaculture.ca/collections/fish/products/starry-goby

According to this, it’s primary diet is benthic invertebrates (pods), so it should be a good fit.  I’ll keep feeding some meat in there to keep the nassarius fed.  But this fish could probably live off the pod population in here judging from the glass.

https://www.fishbase.se/summary/7200

• Like 2

Cool looking fish! And looks like they are likely to eat frozen and pellets as well so hopefully it won’t be difficult to keep fed even if the pod population thins out in the future. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, banasophia said:

Cool looking fish! And looks like they are likely to eat frozen and pellets as well so hopefully it won’t be difficult to keep fed even if the pod population thins out in the future. 

First Biota fish, expecting it to be tiny.  So we put a baby gate across the weir comb so they don’t spend the night on the floss.  Hopefully is arrives fat enough that it won’t be a problem and we can remove the gate.  When the peppermint shrimp arrived we kept finding them in there so we devised a baby gate kinda thing with mesh and photography clamps (plastic at the ends).

given he’s captive bread, he may never have eaten a pod.  He’ll be fed like any other fish in our tanks.  The pods are between meal snacks, so fish are never without food, our thinking is this might reduce fish stress overall.

Our watchman goby eats at every meal, but he also sand sifts for pods in between. He’s ORA and eats anything meat based provided, still their natural behaviour is still sifting sand, or in this case pod sniping (they don’t require sand).

🤞🏻❤️🐟

• Like 1

My mandarin was a biota captive bred fish… he was itty bitty when I got him, he was a great little fish and ate pellets from the surface in addition to live foods. 

• Like 1

OMG cutest little fish… but he’s very fond of the cave currently and I’ve seen him for two seconds here and there. The gorgonian is very nice (Grube’s).  The bumblebee snails are a decent size.

Quality through and through.  A+ for NDA in Edmonton, extremely good value for money, and absolutely not at the expense of quality.

• Like 1