Cultivated Reef

New Member from New England

yondermountain91

11 hours ago, yondermountain91 said:

Things are happening guys, tank arrived safe and sound. And now the small items are beginning to trickle in. I suppose I'll start a journal thread when I actually get water in the tank. For right now I'm going to be playing around with super glue and rock dust. See if I can make some sort of interesting structure for my first reef tank. Thanks for all the help guys, will post when everything else is here and a final product list. Pretty sure I did alright  

20230222_153838.jpg

20230222_155838.jpg

Reef safe putty. Not glue. Putty. https://www.amazon.com/Oceans-Wonders-Coralline-Purple-Epoxy/dp/B011H4ZQ06

Congrats!

• 3 weeks later...
yondermountain91

Remember the part where I said I was going to take forever. lol Here's a few pictures of it all in place. I have a big vacation coming up in like ten days so my brain has been focused on that. I did complete the rockscape, and all the odd bits arrived in the mail. I ordered a 100GPD aquiticlife RO/DI unit that I will be installing in the downstairs bathroom. I won't be starting the cycle until I get back from vacation. I also still have to get the auto-top off all set up in the cabinet part, hoping a five gallon bucket fits in there. Other than that, I have a bunch of cable management to do. For all intents and purposes I'm ready for water, but the vacation thing made me rethink my gameplan. 

20230313_075417.jpg

20230313_075444.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, yondermountain91 said:

Remember the part where I said I was going to take forever. lol Here's a few pictures of it all in place. I have a big vacation coming up in like ten days so my brain has been focused on that. I did complete the rockscape, and all the odd bits arrived in the mail. I ordered a 100GPD aquiticlife RO/DI unit that I will be installing in the downstairs bathroom. I won't be starting the cycle until I get back from vacation. I also still have to get the auto-top off all set up in the cabinet part, hoping a five gallon bucket fits in there. Other than that, I have a bunch of cable management to do. For all intents and purposes I'm ready for water, but the vacation thing made me rethink my gameplan. 

20230313_075417.jpg

20230313_075444.jpg

Smart move on holding off. You will want to be there to observe all the changes. But everything looks really good! 

• Like 1