Cultivated Reef

Tiki Reef nano mangrove/macro build

Tiki_Reef

Here is a schematic of the final plans, Mike from Micro reefs is building the final display tank lol I have changed it so much but it will be worth it. Honestly it works out because the guy building my stand is taking his sweet time. 

Screenshot_20220729-213305_DrawNote.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are some pics of the final tank Mike at Micro Reef is building for this setup and the final pic is a rough sketch of how it will work. The system will consist of 3 tanks the display the sump and a standalone refugium that will gravity feed into the sump, the area in the sump that was originally going to be used as the refugium chamber will now be a combination of biological filtration (Marine pure spheres) and a small area for a frag rack. The new display tank is 36x20x13½ which equates to a volume of 40 gallons roughly total system volume has basically doubled to 86ish gallons, so the display will still be a nano by volume but the system in a whole will be over.

I would love to hear what everyone thinks of this build the stand is currently being modified by the builder and should be completed around the same time as the tank.

Added: Ignore the 30 gallons in the picture as the dimensions of the Display tank had changed since the drawing was done.

IMG_20220821_153036.jpg

IMG_20220821_153039.jpg

IMG_20220821_153042.jpg

IMG_20220821_153051.jpg

IMG_20220821_153054.jpg

Screenshot_20220729-213305_DrawNote.jpg

IMG_20220821_155707.jpg

• Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
nanoreeFan

1/2 inch cast acrylic sure looks strong.....is there a point of thickness that a euro brace is not needed?  I'm not familiar with acrylic. And is Micro reefs still in business? I Had nothing come up at their site www.microreefsaquariums.com