inTank Media Baskets

The Pico Under The Stairs!

Nixperience

9 hours ago, Instant_taco said:

Option 2. It's important to have access to the back.for maintenance and what not. And you have an extra viewing angle from one side

Good point. I agree 100%. I guess I just have to be strong with my sales pitch to my wife. I know I’ll have no problem getting it, it’s just how much resentment will come with it 😂

8 hours ago, Nixperience said:

Good point. I agree 100%. I guess I just have to be strong with my sales pitch to my wife. I know I’ll have no problem getting it, it’s just how much resentment will come with it 😂

This is non of my business but I always say it's better to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission lol. If you can afford it and all your responsibility are taken care for why can't Mr@Nixperiencehave his own little Christmas present. 

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Instant_taco said:

This is non of my business but I always say it's better to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission lol. If you can afford it and all your responsibility are taken care for why can't Mr@Nixperiencehave his own little Christmas present. 

I couldn’t agree more 🤣 I think that’s basically the plan. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

I couldn’t agree more 🤣 I think that’s basically the plan. 

I'm actually looking to get the same tank in the near future but I don't want the API stand and that tank is a bit of an awkward size. I might have to build my own stand

22 minutes ago, Instant_taco said:

I'm actually looking to get the same tank in the near future but I don't want the API stand and that tank is a bit of an awkward size. I might have to build my own stand

Agreed. I’m going to have to add a 2x4 to the back of my cabinet to make it fit. You should look into kitchen cabinets. 24” depth. Bathroom vanities are 20” depth I believe. 

Just now, pal said:

Merry Christmas, wow I would never guess your tank has been up only a month! Looks great 

Thanks man. I attribute it to the pods and phyto. Only algae is on a few corals I got from someone and I scraped off what I could. Hoping the hermits and snails can take care of it. 

The 25 Lagoon is in transit and should arrive by Wednesday. I won’t be setting it up until my electrician comes to install an outlet in there, hopefully next week as well. I’ll be using 2 Nero 3s for flow and trying 100w heater to see if that’s enough, but I may have to run 2 since it’s in the basement. 

As far as stocking, I’d rather have a lot of small fish instead of a few show pieces. I already have my tiny clownfish. I’m thinking in addition, I could go with a neon striped cleaner goby, Tailspot blenny, maybe a Royal gramma, maybe a Yasha goby and Randall’s shrimp, not sure what else. I’m thinking of sticking with a single clown as they can be more aggressive when in a pair. I’m open to suggestions. Think about bottom, perching, mid column swimmers, cave dwellers, etc. I can handle a heavy bioload. Let me have it!

Also, keep in mind it will be an open top tank, so nothing super expensive like a possum wrasse that will most definitely jump 🤣

• Like 1

It’s arrived! Can’t get electrician here until Friday to install an outlet under the stairs, so I’m likely going to have to wait until Monday to get things set up. This is killing me! The tank is definitely a lot nicer than the IM 30 I had 4 years ago. They’ve improved on little things to really bring them to the next level. I’ve always wanted a lagoon, but it was never the right fit for the space until now. This thing is going to get decked out! I guess I’ll have to start a new journal next week.F389ACF2-95FD-4BC1-BAA3-A2FED2EDD4C2.thumb.jpeg.cf9b17552f58544f5330c8e7d442020b.jpeg

• Like 5

I was hoping to change tanks this past weekend, but I had a kidney stone and I’m recovering from that. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have the new tank set up. Good thing because this acrylic tank is starting to grow coralline rapidly and it’s hard to get it off easily. Glad to be switching to glass. Here is my final pico FTS. 
D6271B7F-F752-4D07-A177-ACC394FD6D70.thumb.jpeg.e6dd1189d175dc85fccd618e89a19a1c.jpeg

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, A.m.P said:

You can use the edge of a credit card to safely clean coralline off acrylic, I'm glad to be finished with the stuff too though as I was always paranoid about scratches.

It scratches so easily!

• Like 2