inTank Media Baskets

Help Id Anemone

eaa

Please I need help id this anemone for I am a newbie. I bought it online and the seller told me this is mini anemone. But seeing it for myself, I doubt it's mini anemone, search it online and I'm convinced this is carpet anemone.

If this is carpet anemone, I want to return it to the seller or I want to give it to anyone who wants to adopt and care this cute creature. My tank only 6g definitely not suitable for her.

20211119_084011-01.jpeg

1 hour ago, joshthebox said:

I'm no anemone expert, but it looks like a species of carpet to me. Also looks bleached ☹️

Yes, I think she's bleached. Hopefully she will be alright in the tank before someone adopt her.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, eaa said:

Yes, I think she's bleached. Hopefully she will be alright in the tank before someone adopt her.

You can "unbleach" an anemone by feeding it a small piece of another anemone that is not bleached. But I think it must be the same species. So you still have to identify it  😕 

4 hours ago, eaa said:

I'm convinced she is not Maxi-mini carpet anemone, but still hoping she is. Hopefully someone can help me identify it.

Could you give us the elements that are convincing you that this is not a maxi-mini?

19 hours ago, M. Tournesol said:

Could you give us the elements that are convincing you that this is not a maxi-mini?

When the anomone sit on the rocks, it looks like a straw mushroom.

12 hours ago, filefishfinatic said:

they dont sell carpets that small. feed it a peice of a softy or an anenome and feed it chunks of shrimp its bleached 

I will try to do that, thank you

• 2 weeks later...
filefishfinatic
1 hour ago, eaa said:

@filefishfinatic I follow your suggestions, fed anemone every other day, the tips showing subtle coloration in the last 14 days. Thanks you so much for your input. My sexy shrimp chose her as their home.

_EAA2565.jpg

amazing comeback, that shrimp looks happy to see it's anenome friend is recovering!

filefishfinatic
1 minute ago, eaa said:

Yes, I really hope she will come back, I know it won't happen soon. Gladly waiting for her to come back to full health.

the anenome is already showing signs of zooxthallae inside its tissues. as long as you do what you are doing, feeding small bits of food often, i would bet 90% of my chips that it will be good in a couple months. it looks like it will become a brilliannt green 

50 minutes ago, filefishfinatic said:

amazing comeback, that shrimp looks happy to see it's anenome friend is recovering!

I fed her not so much, just enough I think to give her energy and she don't expel the food.

• Like 1