inTank Media Baskets

[9to5] The "free" Nano

Jaren45

PXL_20211001_142314843.thumb.jpg.ada7bc529130f6f5723a6459a895ce9e.jpg

Entry pic 10/1/2021

Starting this contest tank with the intention to use all* used equipment that I already have.

Here's the rundown so far

EQUIPMENT:

- Tank: IM Nuvo Black 6g (20.8x7.8x7.8")

- Sump: Aqueon 2.5g

- Circulation: Jebao DCP-2500

- Heater: NEWA 50w

- Lighting: 2x 150w equivalent 6500k LED bulb

LIVESTOCK:

- Red Mangroves

- 1x Sailfin Blenny

- Rest tbd!

• Like 12
23 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Good luck in the contest.

Thank you! I will be updating regularly.

Due to my lack of intelligence the tank is still being plumbed.. I managed to buy the wrong bulkheads, as well as the wrong barbed fittings the first time

• Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...

PXL_20211024_142255374.thumb.jpg.95500fae0edc7d0e233717b8c1c75a3e.jpg

Only took 3 weeks but I've got it running! Had to order a new weaker pump (mj606) because the previous pump (mighty jet) was way too powerful even at it's lowest setting. Next step is putting it in place and hard plumbing the drain. More to follow soon!

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, kekke1082 said:

Nice! I'll have to look into one of those nuvo 6 gallons for a future tank. Looking forward to seeing how this one progresses

Thanks! Unfortunately this tank is discontinued now, it was part of the nuvo black line. You might get lucky and find one left though, mine was sitting at a local aquarium supply wholesaler. Same thing with my 30g ext, found the last one around me it seemed

Tank has cleared up, added turbostart today.

PXL_20211109_140344942.thumb.jpg.0dc6f356fe1c6b7390903a679b504ace.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Jaren45 said:

Thanks! Unfortunately this tank is discontinued now, it was part of the nuvo black line. You might get lucky and find one left though, mine was sitting at a local aquarium supply wholesaler. Same thing with my 30g ext, found the last one around me it seemed

Tank has cleared up, added turbostart today.

PXL_20211109_140344942.thumb.jpg.0dc6f356fe1c6b7390903a679b504ace.jpg

Dangit i forgot they discontinued that line. I may be able to get away with a mr aqua bookshelf tank....hmmm so many options...all of them will have me in the dog house 😅 I'm suppose to be done buying tanks but we know how that goes

1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

Loving the start and that substrate as well. Cant wait to see where this one goes 

Thanks! That seachem sand is in all 3 of my tanks now, I love it. Perfect grain size and makes your fish/coral colors pop.

This is my first time ever putting macro in a display so its a learning experience for sure! I think next i'm looking for red gracilaia

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Jaren45 said:

Thanks! That seachem sand is in all 3 of my tanks now, I love it. Perfect grain size and makes your fish/coral colors pop.

This is my first time ever putting macro in a display so its a learning experience for sure! I think next i'm looking for red gracilaia

Oooooh didnt realise that it was Seachem, is it the Gray Coast? Been looking at that one and Pearl Beach for the RSM restart next year 

1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

Oooooh didnt realise that it was Seachem, is it the Gray Coast? Been looking at that one and Pearl Beach for the RSM restart next year 

Yes it is gray coast! You get 22lb for ~$30 usd instead of ~15lb of wet sand for ~$35 usd from caribsea. I love that its packed dry, but my god is it ever dusty. Before using this stuff you'll need to rinse it a couple times in a bucket at least

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
The Rainy Day Aquarium
2 hours ago, Jaren45 said:

is it ever dusty. Before using this stuff you'll need to rinse it a couple times in a bucket at least

Haha isn't that the issue with all of Seachem's substrates? Really interesting sand though! Excited to see how your tank evolves with it👍

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Chowder's Reef said:

Haha isn't that the issue with all of Seachem's substrates? Really interesting sand though! Excited to see how your tank evolves with it👍

Yes I always am reminded of the horrors of red flourite staining my bathtub for months..

The mangroves seem to appreciate the different grain sizes, those 3 trees have been growing in my sump in a tupperware of grey coast for 4 months before this

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...