Pod Your Reef

July 2021 Featured Reef - LazyFish's 20gal Peninsula

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

For July 2021 we're featuring community member @LazyFish and her beautiful 20gal IM Nuvo Peninsula Mixed Reef!

July-2021-Featured-Reef-Profile-promo.jpg

Tap the photo above to check out her featured reef profile article! You can also find LazyFish's aquarium journal in our Aquarium Journals forum to learn more about the history of this tank. Share your questions and comments for LazyFish in the comments section found at the bottom of the article!

• Like 6

Thanks. I'm fond of that Kenya myself I think I got the original piece of it about 2014 or 2015 it was a tiny frag when I first got it. I dont frag that often only a few times a year maby twice. Alot if my stuff goes to a friend that has a 120+g system I help her with. I allways seem to have trouble with shipping. last time I gave away about 6 big frags of difrent corals for cost of shipping and ended up having to eat half the shipping cost myself because the guy was upset that they charged so much for shipping and it was in my same state. I have no idea what fedex did. Half the corals popped off the plugs by the time they got there and they were well atached and growing for like a month. I'll probly be fraging the Kenya and some of my gorgs in a month or two. If I could get cheaper shipping somehow I would sell the frags I think  last time the shipping was 60 for overnight instate shipping it was insane. I tried to get flat rate shipping but they wouldnt do it for some reason and I had to go to the main office for shipping it was a huge mess.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, LazyFish said:

Thanks. I'm fond of that Kenya myself I think I got the original piece of it about 2014 ot so. I dont frag that often only a few times a year maby twice. Alot if my stuff goes to a friend that has a 120+g system I help her with. I allways seem to have trouble with shipping. last time I gave away about 6 big frags of difrent corals for cost of shipping and ended up having to eat half the shipping cost myself because the guy was upset that they charged so much for shipping and it was in my same state. I have no idea what fedex did. Half the corals popped off the plugs by the time they got there and they were well atached and growing for like a month. I'll probly be fraging the Kenya and some of my gorgs in a month or two. If I could get cheaper shipping somehow I would sell the frags I think  last time the shipping was 60 for overnight instate shipping it was insane. I tried to get flat rate shipping but they wouldnt do it for some reason and I had to go to the main office for shipping it was a huge mess.

Lucky friend!!!!  I don't like shipping coral either so I totally understand.  And the USPS shipping rates have gotten pretty crazy.  I'm going to keep looking locally.  Hopefully I can find some 😊.

• Christopher Marks unpinned this topic