inTank Media Baskets

29 gallon stocking?

Clownfish king

Clownfish king

I have a pair of clowns and a plan to upgrade to a 29 gallon. Any ideas for what else I could put in there? A hawk fish? Maybe a bicolor dottyback? Smaller gobies? I have some GSP and zoas along with toadstool leathers. So nothing that is not reef safe. Thank you.

Some types of dottyback are a good choice like the orchid dottyback wont bully the clowns but wont be bullied either. Theres alot of goby spiecies and inverts that would do well or blennies. Maby a pygmy wrasse species but they hide alot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Clownfish king

I was looking and I think I’m going to do watchman goby and hawk fish or dotty back.Or instead of a watchman a clown goby? They only have bicolour dotty backs at my LFS. They do have some basslets as well. 

1 hour ago, Clownfish king said:

I was looking and I think I’m going to do watchman goby and hawk fish or dotty back.Or instead of a watchman a clown goby? They only have bicolour dotty backs at my LFS. They do have some basslets as well. 

I would not add a bicolor. This is one of the meaner dottyback and can easily overtake smaller clowns if it wants to. I had a orchid which killed a damsel and two cleaner shrimp and it found a new home! It was actually fine for a year or so then turned angry. 

Clownfish king
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I would not add a bicolor. This is one of the meaner dottyback and can easily overtake smaller clowns if it wants to. I had a orchid which killed a damsel and two cleaner shrimp and it found a new home! It was actually fine for a year or so then turned angry. 

So is there something similar? Not as killer?

3 minutes ago, Clownfish king said:

Idk if my LFS has them. I have never seen them in stock.

Weird because they are a SUPER COMMON fish. They should definitely be able to get them. 

Clownfish king
10 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Weird because they are a SUPER COMMON fish. They should definitely be able to get them. 

I checked the website. They don’t have them and have never sold them |: my LFS sells a few specific fish. If I want to get anything rarer than a watchman I need to go to another city or LFS.

Where are you located?

Fish stock is also dependant on time of yr.

In Ontario Canada there is only so many who actually import fish and the stores order through them. 

You may not see a royal gramma now but in 3mnths they may be in stock. 

32 minutes ago, Clownfish king said:

Do you know if live aquaria ships to Ontario?

On their website:

We cannot ship any aquatic life to Hawaii, APO addresses, Post Office Boxes, Puerto Rico, other U.S. Territories, or other countries.

Clownfish king

Dang it

12 minutes ago, PeterU said:

On their website:

We cannot ship any aquatic life to Hawaii, APO addresses, Post Office Boxes, Puerto Rico, other U.S. Territories, or other countries.

There are lots of stores in Ontario.

Fragbox, sustainable marine, big als, coral reef shop

Reef boutique, reef raft, candy corals, discount dragon, exotic aquarium

• Like 2