Top Shelf Aquatics

LPS identification

Murphs_Reef

Murphs_Reef

No idea how I missed this. I can't get a great image as it's in a difficult spot. But does anyone know what it might be based on the not so perfect picture?

It seems to be LPS as it has a skeleton, which at some point it looked like it began to recede from.

Very pale in colour it does have a green tinge under the blues but it's not eye popping by any means.

PXL_20210514_075311262.MP.jpg

PXL_20210514_075414192.jpg

PXL_20210514_075353533.jpg

Yes, LPS of some sort.  But sorry, I don't know what you have there.  It looks interesting.  Does it take food?

How big is it.  Based on the pics, I figure it's maybe the size of a nickel, or is it closer to a quarter?  It might become easier to identify as it gets healthier.

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef

What a frustrating place for it to be.. looks like it's puffed up a lot more today..sitting right under a leather coral..

It almost looks like a mushroom... And I would have thought it was if the skeleton wasn't exposed

PXL_20210518_183005690.jpg

PXL_20210518_183058968.jpg

with more light:

PXL_20210518_182952662.jpg

• 1 month later...
Murphs_Reef

So as an update, this hitchhiker coral has now recovered and is now growing with some vigor. Still frustrating yo photograph as it's is a difficult spot, I'm fairly confident that this is a scoly, a pretty drab one I might add. 

PXL_20210622_063248759.jpg

3 hours ago, Murphych said:

So as an update, this hitchhiker coral has now recovered and is now growing with some vigor. Still frustrating yo photograph as it's is a difficult spot, I'm fairly confident that this is a scoly, a pretty drab one I might add. 

PXL_20210622_063248759.jpg

Well that's a nice hitchiker 🙂 It's kinda hard to tell but looks like there's some light brown thing, like an aiptasia?? If so...get rid of it ASAP!!😁

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef
5 minutes ago, Melfy77 said:

Well that's a nice hitchiker 🙂 It's kinda hard to tell but looks like there's some light brown thing, like an aiptasia?? If so...get rid of it ASAP!!😁

Thanks. No that's the skirt of a colony of zoa's. 

These zoa's, but yeah the skirt does look a bit like Aiptasia 

IMG_20210421_205157.jpg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Murphych said:

Thanks. No that's the skirt of a colony of zoa's. 

These zoa's, but yeah the skirt does look a bit like Aiptasia 

IMG_20210421_205157.jpg

Phew!!

• Haha 1