Top Shelf Aquatics

Has anyone used...

Reefkid88

Has anyone used BWA NeoPhos and NeoNitro to bring up nitrates and phosphates ? 

I have been battling 0ppm on both since my tank has cycled and its pretty aggravating to say the least lol. 

I used neonitro.

Instructions are confusing.

I dosed it lightly. It kept my nitrates at 2ppm

I couldn't get the phosphate doser so i used phyto dosing 1 time a week, which maintained my phos levels.

Esv bionic also sells dosing products for nutrients.

Nano_Addict

I used both for a while when I was battling dinos.  Agree that the instructions aren't super easy to understand, but read them a few times and you'll get it.  They seemed to do a good job of keeping the levels up while I was using them...

Sodium Nitrate and Sodium Phosphate is pretty generic stuff and you can get both in dry form from Amazon for cheap. The stuff in a bottle is just the Amazon stuff diluted in water. 

I dose both in my 20L. Keeping phosphate over .03 is hyper critical for SPS growth and nitrate between 5-10 keeps color up, softies happy and Dinos away.

Thrassian Atoll

I use them daily in my tank to keep my nutrients where I want them.  Works great.  Instructions are pretty accurate.  No algae issues or anything.

Awesome guys,I appreciate it. 

Seeming I cannot keep nitrates or phosphates in the tank,I am going to try this. I am assuming that that is contributing to stuff being dull,and small polyps compared to when I got all my frags. 

I'll see if Top Shelf or Living Reef has them to save on shipping. I was thinking of ESV Nitrates,but I can get both from BWA for a few dollars more than just a small bottle of ESV.

I mean idk what else to do. My wife feeds the tank 2 times a week a mixture of Copepod and Rotifer and a few drops of Fuel (I have been dosing fuel for wow,months now and seen no algae other than the GHA I got off of a frag). I haven't been running carbon for 2 months and the tank only gets 1 WC a month.. Only have a Blue Leg Hermit and a Nano Pincushion Urchin and thousands of pods as a CUC. 

Maybe the addition of MB7,AquaVitro Seed and jar of pods and phyto I used while the tank was cycling just made the beneficial critters and bacteria more robust than I expected ? 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, aclman88 said:

Paging @Tigahboy  I believe he does both in his macro tanks. He might be able to help. 

I use NeoNitro and NeoPhos daily to keep up with my macroalgae's nutrient demands. Works well to increase nitrates and phosphates.

Thrassian Atoll
18 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Awesome guys,I appreciate it. 

Seeming I cannot keep nitrates or phosphates in the tank,I am going to try this. I am assuming that that is contributing to stuff being dull,and small polyps compared to when I got all my frags. 

I'll see if Top Shelf or Living Reef has them to save on shipping. I was thinking of ESV Nitrates,but I can get both from BWA for a few dollars more than just a small bottle of ESV.

I mean idk what else to do. My wife feeds the tank 2 times a week a mixture of Copepod and Rotifer and a few drops of Fuel (I have been dosing fuel for wow,months now and seen no algae other than the GHA I got off of a frag). I haven't been running carbon for 2 months and the tank only gets 1 WC a month.. Only have a Blue Leg Hermit and a Nano Pincushion Urchin and thousands of pods as a CUC. 

Maybe the addition of MB7,AquaVitro Seed and jar of pods and phyto I used while the tank was cycling just made the beneficial critters and bacteria more robust than I expected ? 🤷‍♂️ 

Every tank is different.  Some people can’t get rid of nutrients no matter what and some people like me can’t keep them stay up.  

I feed twice a day, flake and frozen, no gfo or anything, and my tank consumes .01-.02 of phosphate daily.  Nitrates have been getting better at not being consumed as much.   I just assume it’s coral uptake.

I haven’t used that brand but I used the seachem brand for phos and nitrate and I found the math equation in the back to be extremely accurate for dosing (as long as you know your actual water volume).

These:

I don’t know about the calculator but used the math equation on the back... and was able to target within 0.01 increases. 

Monopotassium phosphate and potassium nitrate, urea 

I used them in coral tanks and macro tanks. 

5AD169BB-A117-45BB-8CCE-E21C703DC765.thumb.jpeg.082a9ca5a5a0a6e25880c2b6f5174daf.jpeg

C172A6FD-F874-4525-99FB-28E314B0110B.thumb.jpeg.c875fd4432983667aa91a6e0246e0412.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1