Coral Vue Hydros

Ratvan's Return to Reefing - TMC Signature 45 Cube (CLOSED)

Ratvan

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been struggling with this for a while, until I woke up at 3am thinking "I'll replace the c#nting bulkheads"

A bit of late night measuring after pulling the bulkheads out of the back of the tank, these should fit

710QIgQMOgL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.f16fff0c328717056e508d53e57e21dc.jpg

Also means that i dont need to faff around with the PVC pipes as I can run 19mm (ID) tubing as a drain and return line and a bargain for the cost of £12.50

It'll get there, much rather do all of this while the tank is still dry and in the build stage then have it happen once filled, I'll also probably knock up a saltwater mixing station and RODI bin so I can mix my own. As I have a spare pump and heater laying around that I can utilise, just need to figure out how much waste water is created by the RODI that I am looking at and figure out a way to get the waste water to a drain. Great fun doing this in a Grade 2 listed property 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

just need to figure out how much waste water is created by the RODI

A typical system roughly creates four gallons of waste water for every one gallon of RO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Placed the order for the new 3/4" bulkheads, should arrive in a couple of weeks. Have also hooked up a 75GPD RODI unit dont have a suitable waste pipe and cannot really install one so have to resort to lugging the waste container up the stairs from the basement, at least the plants outside will be well watered. 

All in all things are looking up and maybe even have this thing wet some point over summer 

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Wait what happened?

whoever had the tank before me had drilled the drain and return at non standard sizing. For the life of me i just could not find the parts I needed to get this running.

So now in possession of a Stock Fluval Evo 13.5g and a RODI unit plus a bit of cash.

Trying to get rid of the rest of the spare parts and the rock that I dont plan on using and start again (again, again, again, again?)

I'll get there 

• Like 3