Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sealybomb’s Fluval Spec 60L

Sealybomb

I'm not sure about tank size for a snowflake. But in terms of tanks, I love the waterbox marine X. Lovely tanks, I'm just wishing my clearseal (UK brand) to go wrong so I can buy one. 

With testing in a larger tank, I tend to actually find that once you have broken it in after a few months... As long as you have a reliable ATO and skimmer then it pretty much takes care of itself. I tend to check salinity and alk weekly and then phosphate and nitrates monthly. The rest just as and when I so a sump cleaning every few months. 

Heaters I have an inkbird controller running and 200 and 300 watt heaters so if one pops I have a fallback... And the inkbird tells me by phone notifications if the temp is out in real time. 

Skimmers, I went for the bubble Magus c3.5 which is correct for the 350 litres water I have, but I think I might have gone and over clocked and got a bigger capacity skimmer if I could do it again. There is no issue with the one I have but i do feel I could run without my filter socks if I had a bigger skimmer (my wife just loves me putting 3 dirty filter socks in the washing machine every week!!)

• Haha 1

@Murphych there is no way she would allow me to put filter socks in the wash machine!! 😂 you should see how she reacts to the little experiment I have going on in the kitchen (I have been keeping sea monkeys and daphnia for around a month in little containers….which is surprisingly fun) 

min about to visit your thread again to see what you have going on (I’ve seen before but terrible memory). Cheers for the advice 👍 I’m in uk also, pop round and help me with my set up hehe 🙃 

• Haha 2

I prefer sumped tanks, AIOs are always a compromise with the back section generally only accepting the smallest of equipment. Going large, for example on the skimmer is usually not an option. My one piece of advice is to decide before setup your nutrient export regime and design around that.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

So my fish tank is no more 😕

got a new job and will be working away a lot, we have a house move that gonna eat all funds so, I have done what’s best for them, I have donated the inhabitants to a friend who works at the LFS. He’s got a lovely fish room with marine and tropical and everything is in tip top condition! Really glad that my fish and corals have gone to a good home! Anyway…. I do very much intend to come back to this when the time is better (I have kept all my equipment) and I will be taking with me my lessons learnt!

Big thanks to the people that helped me out along the way!! 

• Like 4