Top Shelf Aquatics

Greg's 22 Gallon

ReefGoat

2 hours ago, ReefGoat said:

But I'm almost positive ill be able to hang it high enough over the tank to get the par ratings I need

8 x 24" w/ 2 LED strips

Are you sure You're almost positive?

1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

I personally feel like it will be fine. I can't blame you,it was a killer deal on a phenomenal set up. 

It was

9 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Well F me in the A I honestly thought it was a 6 bulb 😂😂😂 okay yeah definitelty a little over kill hahaha I stand corrected. 

I read some reviews and at 8" below fixture it was putting out around 400 par for the 24w. When it gets to the higher wattage fixtures the par can shoot up pretty high. I figure at hanging 12 to 14 inches above waterline. I should be good. 

• Like 1

I now harness the power of the sun. Next haul is the rest of the equipment. I'm still undecided on return pump, heater and powerheads. I've bounced around on so many options. That im not even going to think about it again until the day I go to order. 

20201124_111450.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ReefGoat said:

I now harness the power of the sun. Next haul is the rest of the equipment. I'm still undecided on return pump, heater and powerheads. I've bounced around on so many options. That im not even going to think about it again until the day I go to order. 

20201124_111450.jpg

what a tease, who cares about the wrapping....😒

let's see inside

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

what a tease, who cares about the wrapping....😒

let's see inside

I will when I get home. Still at work lol its in my back seat. 

• Haha 2

Ok so we will have to wait a little bit. Ill probably work on the issue on Friday. Upon further inspection fedex must've totally disrespected the package because the reefbrite xho strips had been bent off the fixture. It like pulled the screws out of the housing. The box wasn't too beat up. So it must've just been from them handling it ruff and the weight of it the fixture just bent them right off. THE GOOD NEWS. Is that I have a plan!!! I've already bent the brackets back into shape and all I have to do is hull out screw holes for a slightly bigger fastener. No big deal at all. But I can tell you this. These things are bright!!!! 

20201124_180617.jpg

20201124_180607.jpg

20201124_180522.jpg

20201124_175920.jpg

20201124_175842.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
12 minutes ago, ReefGoat said:

Boss let me off early today. So bam!! She's all fixed up now. Love this thing.

20201125_143239.jpg

yup, not too much at all for a 12" wide tank.....

you can probably put an indoor garden on the floor next to the tank 🤣

• Haha 1

I honestly don't even think the leds will even serve a purpose on the light lol they will probably not even spill one bit of light in there seeming its 5.5" wider than your tank 😂

At least spread and shadowing won't be an issue !!! 

17 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

yup, not too much at all for a 12" wide tank.....

you can probably put an indoor garden on the floor next to the tank 🤣

Can't grow pot in Louisiana yet lol. 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

I honestly don't even think the leds will even serve a purpose on the light lol they will probably not even spill one bit of light in there seeming its 5.5" wider than your tank 😂

At least spread and shadowing won't be an issue !!! 

I'm worse than canned with his 4 primes on a IM10. I think he's up to 4 now....might be 3. 

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 3:44 PM, ReefGoat said:

Boss let me off early today. So bam!! She's all fixed up now. Love this thing.

20201125_143239.jpg

this is some powerful light. you'll have really good spread and PAR reading. good enough to grow some sps one day! 

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

@farkwar

If angled enough yeah,if not only the flooring will get hit lol. Hooefully they are usable though. More than likely they are,we shall find out. 

Contractors are starting on my roof next week. The giant hole from the pictures is already closed up and fixed. We have the insurance money so hopefully it won't take until may. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/3/2022 at 10:37 AM, Daveg99 said:

Too bad this thread died.    

The thread died. 

But the tank. She's a living. My house ended up not getting rebuilt for about another 2.5 years after that last post. I have since finished this tank and it's currently about 3 months since setup. I had setup a little Eshoppes Deskmate and had some Aussie live rock that I had purchased from Unique Corals that was about 6 months setup. I transferred that rock and a new package from TBS and this tank was born. It actually ended up being quite different from the original plan (imagine that). 

One big thing being that I didn't use the T5's. I decided to save those for a LARGER build if I continue to be successful with this tank. The tank i'm looking at for the future is the IM112 Lagoon. But that's not even in my vision right now. The T5's are in the closet put up safe. 

• Like 2