SaltCritters.com

Prime 16 with 16HD

Proxo

Hola people, quick question;
I currently had an evo 13.5 with the original prime HD - then upgraded to a 140L and bought the new 16HD but my problem is matching them...
Keep in mind the original 16 is wifi and the 16HD is bluetooth only (and i'm, the software for it is worse than the original).

Obviously the HD has 2 extra blue LED but i've tweaked for weeks and always end up with a more 'purple blue' on the original compared to the HD
- The annoying thing is trying to tweak the bluetooth only HD as touch screen clicking stuff is EWWWful!

So basically wondering if anybody is running the 16 with 16HD and has managed to find some matching schedule/settings before i smash my phone :D!
- i know spec wise it doesn't matter much but the look at the tank been 2 different colours is annoying 😞

• Like 1

Bluetooth instead of Wi-fi? That's disappointing. I would go crazy if I had to adjust those bars on my phone instead of my desktop.

I was thinking about finally upgrading to an HD model, but this is just more motivation to stick with my original AI Prime.

• Like 1

Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply. I do run my HD16 and HD on different intensity schedule. The only two things they match is the time they switch on/off and the percent of the intensity of the highest light setting. All I cared about it’s the PAR I’m getting and the timing when they turn ON/OFF. You can set them separately due to one being only Bluetooth and one on wifi. Just match the time they Turn on/off. Message me if you have questions.

CC25B8DA-4D0E-48BF-AAC4-C0AE1169608A.png

According to BRS new video, which i don't understand the new 16HD on a tank my size is recommended 2 ai prime 16HD at pretty much full blues for mixed reef par yet their recommended schedules for the primeHD is not even close to full, isn't the new 16HD stronger? o.O

Anyway i'm running 1x 16HD and 1x HD, I've set the same schedule and i've attempted to tweak to get the colours to atleast almost match but controlling them sliders on a bluetooth device is going to cost me a few smashed phones - why they got rid of wifi control is completely stupid (Also noticed there's less control settings on the new 16HD).

My tank is like a colour version of the movie scarface cover, 1 side is blue and the other is more purple.
Here's a quick picture, taken a while ago during acc settings (which you can't control each colour LED on new 16HD compared to the HD).

P_20200606_182046.thumb.jpg.ac8d573ef92d14f1c232db4d1ee5c35f.jpg

20 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Why not just sell one, and get a second one that matches the one you decide to keep? 

Yeah it's looking that way pal, could always just throw the older ai on a frag tank or something - prob not worth selling it's not that old
 even though i hate the 16HD bluetooth app i'd prob get another 16HD - light itself is much better!

5 hours ago, Proxo said:

According to BRS new video, which i don't understand the new 16HD on a tank my size is recommended 2 ai prime 16HD at pretty much full blues for mixed reef par yet their recommended schedules for the primeHD is not even close to full, isn't the new 16HD stronger? o.O

Anyway i'm running 1x 16HD and 1x HD, I've set the same schedule and i've attempted to tweak to get the colours to atleast almost match but controlling them sliders on a bluetooth device is going to cost me a few smashed phones - why they got rid of wifi control is completely stupid (Also noticed there's less control settings on the new 16HD).

My tank is like a colour version of the movie scarface cover, 1 side is blue and the other is more purple.
Here's a quick picture, taken a while ago during acc settings (which you can't control each colour LED on new 16HD compared to the HD).

P_20200606_182046.thumb.jpg.ac8d573ef92d14f1c232db4d1ee5c35f.jpg

It will cause you a lot if you focus on matching the two different lights. That’s why I don’t. Turn them on and see how you like the look and forget them.  I myself don’t see why I should upgrade to 16HD if I have 2 HD. Working. I started  with 1 16HD and I added the HD later. Someone sold them used. So I got them. And I’m glad I did. Resolve the issue of the coverage.

NoOneLikesADryTang
4 hours ago, Proxo said:

Yeah it's looking that way pal, could always just throw the older ai on a frag tank or something - prob not worth selling it's not that old
 even though i hate the 16HD bluetooth app i'd prob get another 16HD - light itself is much better!

I think you’d be surprised. Those Prime HD’s really held their value. People love them. 

4 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I think you’d be surprised. Those Prime HD’s really held their value. People love them. 

Yeah nothing wrong with the HD, great light - only reason i'd go another 16HD is the light is slightly 'sunk' into the unit and as the tank is next to my PC i don't get as much glare
compared to the HD. 

Rather spend the coin on some coral, by then i might get used to the 2 tone effect lol!

• Like 1