Coral Vue Hydros

CLOWN FISH NEED HELP URGENT!!โ€‹๐Ÿ โ€‹

Ben007

My clownfish has not been eating for 2/3 days now, it is breathing very heavily, swimming in just one spot of the tank majority of the timeย  and the poo is very unusual. I have attached images to see if anyone could please help me as im very worried for my fish.๐Ÿ 

ย 

My tank has cycled, my tank is about 1 1/2 months old now. If you could please help before it dies!!!!ย 

IMG_5821.JPG

IMG_5820.JPG

IMG_5823.jpg

I don't see any obvious problems from your photos, but ou said your tank has only been cycled for a month and a half - have you checked your ammonia? That'd be the most likely problem. What about salinity? Fortunately, clowns are extremely tough, so as long as you fix either of these problems, they will likely be just fine.

ย 

Clownfish naturally only swim in one tiny part of the tank once they settle - mine have never moved more than a few inches fromย their host. Since I added my BTA about 5 years ago, my clowns haven't moved more than an inch or two from it except to feed. They shouldn't just be swimming around the tank all day.

• Like 1

Hi, guysย 

2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I can not actually see what might be wrong. How long have you had the fish? Have you ever seen it eat? What have you offered for food?

I have had this fish for about a week now and, i have seen it eat at the very start when we bought it but now i hardly see it eat. We offer food wise Forzen brimeshrimp - frozen marine feast and fish flakes!!!ย 

2 hours ago, jservedio said:

I don't see any obvious problems from your photos, but ou said your tank has only been cycled for a month and a half - have you checked your ammonia? That'd be the most likely problem. What about salinity? Fortunately, clowns are extremely tough, so as long as you fix either of these problems, they will likely be just fine.

ย 

Clownfish naturally only swim in one tiny part of the tank once they settle - mine have never moved more than a few inches fromย their host. Since I added my BTA about 5 years ago, my clowns haven't moved more than an inch or two from it except to feed. They shouldn't just be swimming around the tank all day.

Yes the ammonia it perfectly fine. I have bought a marine fixing med for the clown fish and i hope this helps too! Oh okay thank you that makes me feel better as i thought they swim around the tank but i guess it's comfortable where it is.ย 

56 minutes ago, Humblefish said:

Does "unusual poo" = white stringy poop?

Yes a lot yesterday it was stringy but the white poo in photos are more lumpy today

I also with the fixing cute it was the API Med cure for marine fish and this has slightly helped my clownfish, i hope it cures the problem properly

If the fish has stopped eating and has white stringy poo, the best you can do is QT and dose API General Cure. That medication contains both praziquantel (intestinal worms) + metronidazoleย (internal flagellates). Itย is better to food soak General Cure for internal issues so the medications can be delivered directly through the GI tract. But if the fish is not eating, you have to just hope he drinks enough of the medicated water to have a positiveย impact.

• Like 1

I have not used that treatment. So I have no idea if it will work. If you already put it in the tank I guess it is a wait and see. Next time as stated above it is best to QT the sick fish and treat it individually. Do you have other live stock in the tank? It seems like you have offered a nice variety of food and if it was eating those before no need to switch food. Unless you have access to live brine shrimp which I sometimes revert to for picky fish. Unfortunately some times between shipping to the store and adjusting to a new tank fish stress. I hope things turn around for it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Humblefish said:

If the fish has stopped eating and has white stringy poo, the best you can do is QT and dose API General Cure. That medication contains both praziquantel (intestinal worms) + metronidazoleย (internal flagellates). Itย is better to food soak General Cure for internal issues so the medications can be delivered directly through the GI tract. But if the fish is not eating, you have to just hope he drinks enough of the medicated water to have a positiveย impact.

Okay thank you for your advise this has really helped me and my fish!!! The clown fish does not stop opening its mouth so i'm guessing that he will drink enough of the medicated water for it to have a positive impact.ย 

1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

I have not used that treatment. So I have no idea if it will work. If you already put it in the tank I guess it is a wait and see. Next time as stated above it is best to QT the sick fish and treat it individually. Do you have other live stock in the tank? It seems like you have offered a nice variety of food and if it was eating those before no need to switch food. Unless you have access to live brine shrimp which I sometimes revert to for picky fish. Unfortunately some times between shipping to the store and adjusting to a new tank fish stress. I hope things turn around for it.

Okay thank you so much for your advise meant a lot, we only have turbo snails - sand fish 1, starfish and the clownfish as our live stock in our fish tank. Thank you so much the treatment is slowly slowly working. Thank you for your advice however.ย