Top Shelf Aquatics

365 Day Kentech’s Nuvo 16

Kentech5

So this is more of a placeholder but I wanted to join in in the fun. I have an IM Nuvo 16 thats been sitting around unused for a year or two do I am digging it out and starting it up again. Im thinking Ill do a clown pair with some bubble tip anemones. Ive always avoided nems in the past so I want to try something new. Id like to put this tank in my son’s room eventually. 

Here it is getting filled for the vinegar treatment:

2AA34B32-AACE-4DED-8A32-536725E86D68.thumb.jpeg.429282fa43722d82bbc5066b1b8f54d8.jpeg

I’ll post a condiment pic once its clean. 

• Like 7

Excited to follow along and see your tank progress. I had one of these for consideration for my nano tank before I snaped up a different brand on Facebook market place. And I've always wanted to do an anemone only tank - you may convince me to buy a third tank 😆 

• Like 1
MainelyReefer

You should consider buying a leveling mat to use in place of the acrylic stand.  The stand has a tendency to bow and make the curved glass crack especially on the 16’s.  Google it

• Like 3
9 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

You should consider buying a leveling mat to use in place of the acrylic stand.  The stand has a tendency to bow and make the curved glass crack especially on the 16’s.  Google it

I had the tank set up for a couple years before without issue but I’ll definitely consider it. Not sure what the point of the stand is anyway. 

• Like 2

Wasabi anyone?E89B68E0-D9FF-441B-AE6B-42A7C83E9467.thumb.jpeg.4556adb8a8b8dd7fe6e7f84a9eaa9d7b.jpeg

Anyone have any suggestions for a nice anemone safe powerhead to go in the tank? Something controllable would be ideal. I was thinking maybe the Aqamai KPS. I could picture a Nero just chewing through nems. 

• Like 4
MainelyReefer
7 hours ago, Kentech5 said:

Wasabi anyone?E89B68E0-D9FF-441B-AE6B-42A7C83E9467.thumb.jpeg.4556adb8a8b8dd7fe6e7f84a9eaa9d7b.jpeg

Anyone have any suggestions for a nice anemone safe powerhead to go in the tank? Something controllable would be ideal. I was thinking maybe the Aqamai KPS. I could picture a Nero just chewing through nems. 

They make 3D printed MP10 nemguards and it comes with a junky foam one.... nice job cleaning the tank

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Looks good

👍 for the Wasabi

Gotta love sushi

4 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

They make 3D printed MP10 nemguards and it comes with a junky foam one.... nice job cleaning the tank

That’s always an option I suppose. Tanks currently running tap water through it, still clearing out the junk the vinegar loosened up. 

11 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

What type of nems are you gonna go for?

Some rock flowers to start and then a BTA. Don’t really have a plan past that. 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much to report right now. Tank still isn’t even wet. My cousin will be helping me build a stand so I am waiting til then to fill up with anything. LFS will be getting some nice live rock in fairly soon from the sound of things so I should have a nice source there. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

The tank cleaned up very nice. It will be great if you can start with live rock.

Yeah I have started a few tanks with mostly dry rock and I have decided I don’t like how they turn out. My small tanks usually start out with all live and I prefer the look and results. 

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recent events have made me ridiculously busy with work and concerned about whether I should be starting another tank right now. Ill take a picture later tonight but theres new or wet really. 

• Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 7:49 PM, Kentech5 said:

Recent events have made me ridiculously busy with work and concerned about whether I should be starting another tank right now. Ill take a picture later tonight but theres new or wet really. 

I hope you were able to work things out, though I know the world is a little crazy right now. You still have time to get an April update! 

• 3 weeks later...