inTank Media Baskets

NEW PROJECT LONG NANO TANK

Joaomsb

Dear colleagues,

I found this amazing and popular Mr Aqua tank nano reef online:

Thinking of building a similar one on a 130cm long wall, but with a lateral sump, hiding it inside the stand, in a ALL IN ONE fashion.

Something like this, but I am not sure yet about the best measures. Thinking about 90cm long x 21 cm wide x 28 cm height  for the display and leaving 25cmx21x28 for the sump (very narrow sump).

I have already an jebao 3000 to be used as return and circulation pump. Thinking about getting a NEMO LIGHT 36W (Will that be enough^<::)and planning to obtain soft and LPS CORALS and maybe 2 little fishes . Water repository by gravity and inside the same vertical furniture. 

Please give me some advice because I am still building everything (TANK and STAND)! 

22G_2_600x.png?v=1551984984

movel aquario (1).png

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
6 minutes ago, Joaomsb said:

Dear colleagues,

Thinking of building a similar one on a 130cm long wall, but with a lateral sump, hiding it inside the stand, in a ALL IN ONE fashion.

Something like this, but I am not sure yet about the best measures. Thinking about 90cm long x 21 cm wide x 28 cm height  for the display and leaving 25cmx21x28 for the sump (very narrow sump).

I have already an jebao 3000 to be used as return and circulation pump. Thinking about getting a NEMO LIGHT 36W (Will that be enough^<::)and planning to obtain soft and LPS CORALS and maybe 2 little fishes . Water repository by gravity and inside the same vertical furniture. 

Please give me some advice because I am still building everything (TANK and STAND)! 

movel aquario (1).png

Following along. 😊

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Joaomsb said:

Dear colleagues,

movel aquario (1).png

very cool concept!    by the way the tank from that youtube is from one of NR member, @Scorched link here. You should be able to find the younger version of his tank featured in the tank of the month library in 2014 as well.  please keep us updated on the build.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Joaomsb said:

Dear colleagues,

movel aquario (1).png

I used a Nemolight. It's ok but there are better budget options.

I didn't get much growth with the light and the programming isn't the easiest.

A current orbit marine would be better if you are looking for a long fixture.

For pendant lights

2 Ai Primes(the hd's are on sale now due to new version release)

Or even 2 black boxes on amazon. Mars aqua and viparspectra have good reviews

• Like 3

Yep thats my tank.  I've been a nano-reefer for years and the tank in the video is the second version of my 12 gallon long.  I haven't posted for awhile as the tank had its ups and downs for about 2 years.

This is what the tank looked like when that video was taken.   Sept 2017

Nrzk7Q5l.jpg

Then a about a year later  😭 Oct 2018

vCysUpBl.jpg

But if you stick with it you can turn any disaster around.  This photo is already a few months old and was from fall 2019.  It has since had a few new corals added and more growth.

I3OArWAh.jpg

The tank is a challenge to work with being so tiny and long at the same time.  There aren't a lot of long LED lights that have sufficient power for high light demanding corals.  If you just stick with softies and lps the Nemo may be sufficient, however I've never heard or seen it before.  

You can use the end of the tank to create an All-in-one style but you only have about 8 inches to work with.  I chose the sump route as it moves all of the equipment into the stand where you wont see it and you can have way more space for heaters, filters, electronics, etc   By doing the AIO you will limit a lot of future upgrades as they will be limited by its size and if other equipment is already inside taking up space in that compartment.

• Like 4