Pod Your Reef

Using 2 Mini tides

NanoTrav

I currently have 1 mini tide plus M from about 1.5 years ago. I'm thinking about getting a second one for my fusion 20 and then eventually moving to a 30L maybe... Question is can they be synced so they are controlled at once. Is there a guide somewhere? And have there been any major changes to where the new one wouldn't be compatible?

4 hours ago, NanoTrav said:

I currently have 1 mini tide plus M from about 1.5 years ago. I'm thinking about getting a second one for my fusion 20 and then eventually moving to a 30L maybe... Question is can they be synced so they are controlled at once. Is there a guide somewhere? And have there been any major changes to where the new one wouldn't be compatible?

Hey there! 

Few things you can do.

1. Order a second tide and ask Dave for DIY parts so you can link to current blue fish you have. 

2. Send Dave your current Tide and have him build the second Tide into your BF.

3. Simply order second Tide (maybe a used one) and you could have two different times in the blue fishes to simulate a sunrise sunset from one side to the other. Just a thought...not necessary though

If you are worried about lighting your coral while you're Tide is at Dave's use a handful of 6500k CFL bulbs high wattage. They will look yellow and super ugly but they will and can grow and sustain your coral for the time being. I learned that trick I think from @jedimasterben awhile ago when I was worried about shipping a light and waiting for a new one. Did fine keeping my torch and other coral happy.

If you're good at DIY and splicing wires together just have Dave send you a Tide with wires ready to splice to BF. Shouldnt be too hard 😊

• Like 2

No DIY for me. Too much money at stake for me to risk screwing it up 🙂 And a bit of a hassle to send back. How would it be to have 2 separate controlled lights? Do I need a second account on bluefish? I hope @DaveFason can chime in.

37 minutes ago, NanoTrav said:

No DIY for me. Too much money at stake for me to risk screwing it up 🙂 And a bit of a hassle to send back. How would it be to have 2 separate controlled lights? Do I need a second account on bluefish? I hope @DaveFason can chime in.

AFAIK you’ll need to run two bluefish accounts. You can call it light-1 and light-2, same password should be ok. And set the schedules on both the same.