inTank Media Baskets

Jemmotts 2.7g pico

jemmott

2 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Baby Fungia plate? Some closed or open brains? Fox Coral?

I like that idea, I was thinking of having a small chalice garden to the right and acans to the left or a mixture of favia,acan and blastos with a fungus in the center

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jemmott said:

I like that idea, I was thinking of having a small chalice garden to the right and acans to the left or a mixture of favia,acan and blastos with a fungus in the center

Check out thecoralcentre they got some decent priced blasto and acans. Not looked at Favia myself waiting for after new year for new additions :haha:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all

My pico is still doing really well...

I did have a issue with dinos, however since adding a yellow tail damsel about a week ago and feeding him daily the dinos have discovered! I can only imagine that this was due to a lack of nutrients and bacteria in the system?

I did a 3 litre water change yesterday and will continue to do that weekly, its plenty as the tank is only 2.7 gallons...

My plans are to add more zoas and lps on the sand bed and other places.....I'm even thinking about gluing frags to the back wall maybe crea a zoa wall or even chalice?

I think I will upgrade my lighting in a few months, I was looking at the aqua knight as it will give me full spread across the tank and it's more powerful 30w I do believe.

Many thanks 

IMG-20200104-WA0005.jpg

20200104_143431.jpg

IMG-20200104-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2

The tank looks great, although I would highly advise NOT keeping that damsel in there long-term. He's fairly near about the max size I'd keep in there, really. Not so much for bio-load but because damsels need space to move. A yellow clown goby, eviota goby, or other tiny, less active fish would be appropriate. 

Dinos often pop up in nutrient-starved tanks, yes. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...