Cultivated Reef

Jemmotts 2.7g pico

jemmott

Hello all

I do believe I posted on this forum in the past.....

Let me introduce myself and my tank 😃

My name is karl (jemmott is my surname) and I'm based in the u.k for my sins...

I am the proud owner of a 2.7 gallon mixed pico.

The tank is around the 4 months old and is doing well with 3 litre water changes twice a week (I plan to change this to once a week).

Here is a list of my equipment:

Lighting - asta lumimi 20.

Filtration - 480lph unbranded hang on filter (carbon, floss).

Added flow - 200lph power head.

Heater - 25w unbranded 

Temp measure - unbranded 

Tank - cheap 2.7 gallon cold water tank.

Livestock:

Soft corals - zoas, palys, 2 x toadstool (wheeping willow and a common), pulsing xenia, mushrooms (superman), cabbage coral, colt coral, kenyan tree coral, 2 x gsp.

LPS - hammers, candy cane, chalice (golden eye).

SPS - Plating monti (green)

Inverts - 1 x blue knuckled hermit crab (p.i.t.a), stortamella snails (hitchhikers), various feather dusters.

I dont dose nor do I feed my tank however i may start sliding quantum Bio-Enhance soon as i plan to add more lps.

Hope you enjoyed my post and feel free to comment 😃.

Many thanks 

20191103_133153.jpg

20191103_133217.jpg

20191103_133239.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

Welcome back.  Your tank looks great, check out the 2.5 pico contest tanks.  The contest has just ended and you can vote for your favorite and look at a lot of tanks that are that size.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all

Here is a photo of my tank this afternoon 😃.

I should really start feeding the tank, I was thinking about using quantum Bio-Enhance.

Has anyone had any experience with this product?

Many thanks 

20191113_155059.jpg

• Wow 1
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

Tank looks really good, what tank is it? Pets at Home Kids Aquarium?

Thank you, similar, it came with a internal pump and a few other bits that ended up in the bin lol 

• Like 1

You'll really want to start feeding something. Those corals are animals, with mouths, and will grow best and be healthiest with food. A decent-quality frozen food of some sort, or Reef Roids, or both, may be a good bet.

2 hours ago, Tired said:

You'll really want to start feeding something. Those corals are animals, with mouths, and will grow best and be healthiest with food. A decent-quality frozen food of some sort, or Reef Roids, or both, may be a good bet.

Is there any amino acid based products that are perfect for corals? I'm looking for a all in one that also provides trace elements 

I don't think you're going to find a combined food and trace elements. Food spoils way faster than elements, it would be silly to mix them.

The best product you're going to find is something your corals can physically eat. Reef Roids for the smaller-polyped things, mysis for the LPS. Plenty of amino acids in there, and no real worries of dosage, just feed as much as they'll eat. For the ones that don't tend to eat (like some zoas), the amino acids released when things in your tank eat the food will keep them happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought I would take a quick snap before light out 😃, I plan to cover the sand bed in chalice or acans and add more coals, I wouldnt mind a gorgonia too 🙂

20191119_154852.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all

A little update....

I brought 3 new frags for the pico (Duncan, blue digital and green hysterix) all settled in and polyps extended, I will get more photos tomorrow.

I stopped doing water changes twice a week however due to more sps I think I will revert back to more regular water changes to keep mag and calcium topped up.

I will start dosing a all in one once I add more lps and sps.

Many thanks 

20191201_194417.jpg

20191201_194808.jpg

20191202_193953.jpg

• Like 3

Good afternoon all

Here a few new snaps of my pico, I brought 3 new frags earlier in the week a blue monti digita, a green hystirix and a duncan frag, all doing well, I'm stuck as to what to add next? I'm looking more towards the lps mostly for the sandbed maybe favia, chalice or acans.
many thanks 

20191207_133725.jpg

20191207_133608.jpg

20191207_133616.jpg

20191207_133648.jpg

20191207_133638.jpg

10 minutes ago, Tired said:

It looks really nice!

If I were you, I'd get a nice rock flower anemone for the sanded. They like to hang out right where the sand meets the rock.

Thank you very much.

I was just thinking about a rock new however over here in the u.k we dont get many nice ones 😩, I will keep an eye out.

Many thanks 

23 hours ago, sadie said:

If you can't get a RFA, an acan would look nice and add a pop of color.

I was thinking about turning the sand bed into a lps heaven

• Like 1