Jump to content
Mike P

Just ordered a new fish for my Evo 🐠🐟🐠🎁🎉🎊(they sent me the wrong fish)

Recommended Posts

Mike P

So they finally stocked some more yellow banded possum wrasse on Liveaquaria and I went ahead and decided this should be the next fish for me. He/she hopefully will arrive this Friday so now I’m anxiously waiting. His tank mate will be my citrinis clown goby who also came from Liveaquaria last year. I have a Pom Pom crab in the tank so I’m not sure how that will work out but from what I’ve read, the wrasse should leave it alone. I really hope this fish does well in my tank and gets along with my goby.

A590BBF3-4BF1-41A0-9810-8BB2F34920C3.thumb.png.8cf288fadc37974f5b1f738fbf5cd879.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

That's a pretty peaceful wrasse.  I think it will work out alright.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Mike P

Now I’m concerned about my fish, UPS said I wasn’t home to deliver and I have been waiting here and even tracked the package but they never showed up. They Rescheduled delivery for Monday and of course that does not work for a live fish. Now I’m waiting on them to call me back because they are sending it to a hold center for me to pick up which is half an hour away. Freaking idiots

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mike P

Talked to UPS a 5th time and they told me the package would be there at the hold center at 8pm. I told them this is a live animal and they finally contacted the driver who now will be coming back by 1:30 pm to my home. Let’s hope this is the last of there mistakes and my new fish is doing well. Will update latter, it’s been a bad experience dealing with UPS today

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
ReeferWade

Fingers crossed it'll work out, this can be really stressful on you and the fish! Hopefully all is well. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mike P

It’s finally here and I have him/her acclimating using the drip method. It’s really small and looks a lot different then the picture they use on live aquaria. So far it looks free of anything bad and appears to be healthy. 🤞

 

176190A1-5EB3-4A8F-8309-505E5117D73E.thumb.jpeg.51bfb7e301c5628b180cd39f38891183.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
ReeferWade

Glad to hear it showed up and is doing well. A lot of fish lose their color/pattern when stressed so give it time and it may look like the pic again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Mike P

So I emailed live aquaria with this photo and they said they sent me the incorrect specimen and will refund my my purchase. Anyone know what kind of wrasse this is? I’m thinking pink streaked wrasse but I don’t know. Hopefully whatever it is it’s reef safe and will do good in my evo. What a day this has been

C27F4846-4F69-413E-9BEF-B95CE4BEB0FF.thumb.jpeg.e84090bc01478230101d9714d84a461a.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
OverCookedRock

He's cute even though he's the wrong fish (don't tell him that)! 

 

Sorry about UPS, I don't think your shitty customer service from them is case by case. Large companies these days are doing horrible on customer service. Tight labor market means you bring on anyone including idiots that don't deliver a package that says "LIVING/Perishible" on the box. 

 

What a dumb ass. Anyway glad you got good service from Live Aquaria! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mike P
1 hour ago, OverCookedRock said:

He's cute even though he's the wrong fish (don't tell him that)! 

 

Sorry about UPS, I don't think your shitty customer service from them is case by case. Large companies these days are doing horrible on customer service. Tight labor market means you bring on anyone including idiots that don't deliver a package that says "LIVING/Perishible" on the box. 

 

What a dumb ass. Anyway glad you got good service from Live Aquaria! 

I really like the way he looks but now I need to figure out what kind of wrasse it is

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
30 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I really like the way he looks but now I need to figure out what kind of wrasse it is

It is a pink streaked wrasse. I have one and she looks exactly like that. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mike P
6 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

It is a pink streaked wrasse. I have one and she looks exactly like that. 

Well I guess it all worked out for me 😁. That’s what I originally wanted but they are always sold out. Do you think it will do fine in the evo with a citrinis clown goby? One of the reasons I picked the yellow banded is because it said 10g minimum tank size.

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
45 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Well I guess it all worked out for me 😁. That’s what I originally wanted but they are always sold out. Do you think it will do fine in the evo with a citrinis clown goby? One of the reasons I picked the yellow banded is because it said 10g minimum tank size.

It should be fine. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Mike P

Here are some more pictures of the fish. I’m trying to figure out if it has cloudy eyes or am I just seeing light reflection. Both eyes have a white shine but it’s hard to tell since he moves so fast57A23AE7-6377-4F71-A2A4-E7B9EB911473.thumb.jpeg.579277ab4cf7215e58d9fa386ba5674b.jpegDD86ABD8-92A6-4D31-A123-5B2086F6DF78.thumb.jpeg.c1646e687db2d2b4dae70f6b2997e1e3.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
OverCookedRock

What a beaut! Yeah man those tiny little fishes are gonna be sweet in there! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
LazyFish

Some wrasses have that weird shine reflection thing on there eyes some gobies too. Is It that whitefish blueish greenish almost iridescent ness that shows depending on the light and how the fishes eye catches it?

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

Sucks they sent the wrong fish, but definitely seems to have worked out in the end.  🙂  

 

I may place an order with them soon.  I've been hearing good things about the health of the fish from there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mike P
12 minutes ago, LazyFish said:

Some wrasses have that weird shine reflection thing on there eyes some gobies too. Is It that whitefish blueish greenish almost iridescent ness that shows depending on the light and how the fishes eye catches it?

I think it is shine from the led’s. I used tiny flash light to check and the eyes appeared to be okay. I am definitely going to keep an eye on this new little guy to make sure he’s health and adjusting well to my tank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Mike P
10 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Sucks they sent the wrong fish, but definitely seems to have worked out in the end.  🙂  

 

I may place an order with them soon.  I've been hearing good things about the health of the fish from there.

Yeah it’s funny because I was originally going to order the pink streaked wrasse but it sold out quick so I decided to go with the yellow banded wrasse that same day (Wednesday) and I guess they mixed the fishes, the bag was even labeled yellow banded wrasse. It was a crazy Friday dealing with UPS and finding out I didn’t get what I ordered but I’m happy now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix

Their eyes do look luminous under certain lighting. Mine certainly does, and she's healthy so far. Hope you get your new (and correct!) fish next week! 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mike P

7BD50845-B126-47F3-B5D7-695BFD816491.thumb.jpeg.1c3e70f2752f536df4b3ff769bafb79f.jpeg78274CDB-46E9-41E7-AE9A-0BE657ABAF42.thumb.jpeg.e483db335810b5bb4ed2bcc6b8208e1f.jpeg9C15573B-2B18-449D-B69C-06DC5FD0394D.thumb.jpeg.97fb1780245532c44c84075cada2f9e8.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
ReeferWade

Beautiful fish, sometimes things work out in weird ways 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
timeconsumer

Man, I've been trying to get a pink streaked wrasse for weeks. My LFS can't get them in and LiveAquaria has them constantly listed as out of stock.....so jealous.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Mike P
1 hour ago, timeconsumer said:

Man, I've been trying to get a pink streaked wrasse for weeks. My LFS can't get them in and LiveAquaria has them constantly listed as out of stock.....so jealous.

Yeah I got lucky they messed up my order

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mike P
11 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Their eyes do look luminous under certain lighting. Mine certainly does, and she's healthy so far. Hope you get your new (and correct!) fish next week! 🙂 

They’re not sending me a new fish but gave me a refund and I get to keep the one I received. So I just paid for shipping and got a free fish in the end😎. It worked into a great deal. One eye does appear to be a bit cloudy now that I’m seeing it in the day time. I will have to monitor and possible medicate it’s food.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...