Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Turbo snail has small shell with black animal (lack of a better term) on its back.

that_one_brodie

that_one_brodie

One of my turbo snails has a strange hitch hiker on its back. It looks like another shell. At first I thought it was one of the baby snails on it's back just chilling. But then I saw what was in the snail and got concerned. The flesh did not look like the other snails, it was black. And it would occasionally stick out and poke around. I have no idea what this could be and researching hasn't helped me either. Would really appreciate some help.    

Here is a video of the hitchhiker: 

IMG_7260.jpg

IMG_7272.jpg

30 minutes ago, that_one_brodie said:

One of my turbo snails has a strange hitch hiker on its back. It looks like another shell. At first I thought it was one of the baby snails on it's back just chilling. But then I saw what was in the snail and got concerned. The flesh did not look like the other snails, it was black. And it would occasionally stick out and poke around. I have no idea what this could be and researching hasn't helped me either. Would really appreciate some help.    

Here is a video of the hitchhiker: 

IMG_7260.jpg

IMG_7272.jpg

Hard to say for sure from that video but it looks like a limpet. If so, They are good guys.