Top Shelf Aquatics

50 Gallon in-wall project

SSMangrove

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a very clean and respectable looking teg you have there. And trust me when I say this. That is a huge copliment comming from me. I despise ricey cars, and that is why I like your car. It is the furthest thing from rice. My roomie had a civic that ran 12.7 at 113...I know a little fast for his times but he had horrible traction issues with pulling 2.0 60' times. His car was a built and turboed B16 and all us muscle guys gave him a hard time, but deep down we all loved him and the car becuase he was interested in what counted...performance, not looks. Very nice car though, know that a Muscle car guy gave it the thumbs up. I will pass the info on to my buds on our import section to let them know about it.

Thanks for the compliments whitten im glad you like it. A lot of time and money was spent on the car, and the compliments and power make it all worth it.

As for an update on the tank... Im currently selling my car on e bay and I am going to wait until it sells before anything else major gets done (lights, skimmer{?} more rock etc) so be sure to bookmark my forum and check back soon! Sorry but if i get too much going on at once ill end up doing half-assed on the reef!

Thanks all

SS

I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a question regarding drilling acrylic.

Me and a friend just finished a UTR Remora-like skimmer, and we need to make the holes now, but we don't know what to use to drill it. We don't have circle saws down here as far as I know, so any other good idea will be apreciated :D

Walter

seis66:

There are some acrylic fabrication threads in the DIY section of reefcentral.com that cover tool choices. Top notch pros and hobbyists--great advice.

So you're closing off the closet? How are going to access the tank and will there be any way to get behind it or anything? I love the idea though and I think in the wall tanks are probably the coolest thing ever.

The tank will be accessible. The entire thing will hinge upwards so there are no visible lines, and probably have a holding bar, like a car's hood.

Yes, there will be an update with a picture of the system tonight (obtaining digital camera from dads work today). The tank is completely cleared up and the corals are looking good despite being under just one 175w 20,000k bulb. The acropora frags I have have thrown out 5 new mini stubs (soon to be branches hopefully) and the capricornus is showing new growth. The blue zooanthids with the orange skirt and lime green mouth are multiplying and I am actually getting ready to sell some. I will attempt to get a good closeup shot of those, if any of you guys might be interested in buying some, i will sell frags of 3-5 polyps.

Ok everyone, here is a pic of my lazy ass on my bed looking into my 1/2 completed 1/2 unfinished in tank set up. The tank is actually about 4 ft from my feet even though it looks as if my feet are resting on it.

My new bed, it brings me up to perfect eye level with the tank now. much higher than the original bed. This also has a dresser built into the bottom which enables me to free up space in my already small room. Ive noticed a lot less stress with it gone, probably chlosterophobic to a degree ... ;-)

Originally posted by SSMangrove

My new bed, it brings me up to perfect eye level with the tank now. much higher than the original bed. This also has a dresser built into the bottom which enables me to free up space in my already small room. Ive noticed a lot less stress with it gone, probably chlosterophobic to a degree ... ;-)

lol i hope you're not in college!

Im at a community college, no dorms yet... lol. For whoevers left watching this forum, i am getting the fascia this weekend to fully enclose the tank into the wall. I feel ive put this project off long enough, its time to get it done.

Archived