Coral Vue Hydros

50 Gallon in-wall project

SSMangrove

The suspense is killing me! Tonight It will be filled up and the existing critters from the 15g will be moved into their spacious new home.

Things I need to buy

2x250w ballast and bulbs

250w ebo jager heater

More liverock

3/4 " PVC for return and flow adjusters

Probably a new return pump

Veneer to go over walls

Good quality framing wood

Estimated cost: 500$

UGH!!

I guess it doesnt help that im also trying to sell my car and buy another. :( Well the lights will have to wait a little while, but the new heater, the return piping and the water will come first. Hopefully, If im quick about it, it will be picture worthy at around 9pm tonight PST so check back!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wouldn't by any chance have an SS Camaro that you were trying to sell would you? I happent to have a really nice Z-71 that I am trying to sell or trade for an LS-1 Camaro.

By the way, stop showing my these pics....you are making me jealous.

you sure that stand's gonna be strong enough, looks a bit skinny in the legs considering how much 50 gals worth of water rock and sand is gonna weigh, better to over engineer than underengineer, if thats even a word, gonna be cool tho

No i actually am selling a 1998 Acura Integra GSR Turbo. Im looking to buy a 1993-1996 RX-7 Twin turbo or a Toyota MR2 Turbo (built). Sorry.

The stand should be strong enough, we have 500 gallon tanks supported by nothing but 2x4 at work and they seem to do fine. time will tell !

ahhhh...when i read your interaction with b162nr i was like, man, they sound like they know eachother...when he sold his car he posted pics online and i totally remembered seeing it...right when you said youre selling a gsr turbo...i knew your car....i just saw it yesterday at, i'm assuming, your work(the aquarium...i've seen it there probably 1/4 of the time i visit the store...much more than i coincedence i think). i pointed it out to my girl and told her, "now THAT is a nice car..." have you run it at the track? what brand turbo do you have? at home install or pro install? have you dyno'd with the turbo? sorry for all the questions, i have a friend interested in forced induction for his integ and i just thought i would get some info for him if you have it!

anyhow, goodluck on the tank and on selling the car!!

hey bro, if you didnt already get a heater, I think i have a 275 jager you could have! Let me know. My name's tam, I got Hist. 120 MWF 9-10 and anthro t/th 12.30-1.45

Yes we are, haha.

Heres a pic as of this morning, tank is beginning to clear. I will soon get the veneer for the walls and this thing will start looking like its worth the money!

If youguys have any suggestions on rock placement Id like to hear them. In a few weeks ill probably order a box of 45-60 lbs so this isnt all i have to deal with

I think you should finish the "in-wall" part of the project before you get too far along. Just a thought, otherwise, it may never get done. ;)

Good idea birdman. Itll definitely help with the aesthetics of my room. Right now it looks like its being remodeled. ill get the fascia today

Yoshiod,

Yeah thats me. Ive probably helped you or asked if you needed help which is weird to think. The GSR is probably a high 12's low 13 second car. Its a greddy turbocharger kit with front mount intercooler. Me and my dad installed the turbo. Its actually really easy to do so, just very time consuming...36 hours because we took our time. I havent dynoed it yet but im assuming 260-280hp. Tell your friend to get a turbo kit because there are so many parts that all have to work together, and if he pieces his together he might have problems in the considerably tight integra engine bay. If he is going to do an at home install, he needs some good strong tall jackstands and about a week to work on it unless he is really fast. It requires wiring the FMU up which will take a couple hours, troubleshooting, testing, lots of work. My turbo kit cost about $4000 to get it up and running. This would include:

Greddy Turbocharger kit

Intercooler

ACT Streetlite flywheel

ACT Turbo clutch

Turboxs RFL Blow off valve

Blitz Turbo timer

Other misc parts (vaccum Tee's, vaccum lines)

I tried running it without the flywheel and clutch but it would stop grabbing and just freerev when i reached 4500 rpm under good acceleration. Tell him to not be fooled by the price of the kit (2700) theres a lot more parts that HAVE to go with it and CANNOT be overlooked, even temporarily.

ahhhh...when i read your interaction with b162nr i was like, man, they sound like they know eachother...when he sold his car he posted pics online and i totally remembered seeing it...right when you said youre selling a gsr turbo...i knew your car....i just saw it yesterday at, i'm assuming, your work(the aquarium...i've seen it there probably 1/4 of the time i visit the store...much more than i coincedence i think). i pointed it out to my girl and told her, "now THAT is a nice car..." have you run it at the track? what brand turbo do you have? at home install or pro install? have you dyno'd with the turbo? sorry for all the questions, i have a friend interested in forced induction for his integ and i just thought i would get some info for him if you have it!

anyhow, goodluck on the tank and on selling the car!!

Looking good SS! Can't wait to see the final product!

I think you should finish the "in-wall" part of the project before you get too far along. Just a thought, otherwise, it may never get done
I agree! I framed my stand when I started my tank and planned to put the body on later. It's now been 11 months and my tank is still sitting on a 2x4 stand.
Originally posted by SSMangrove

Good idea birdman. Itll definitely help with the aesthetics of my room. Right now it looks like its being remodeled. ill get the fascia today

I only say it cuz if you're anything LIke me, It would NEVER get done once the tank was running ;)

heres the back of the tank and stand. Do you you have any adivce for setting up my tank. I only plan on running one 250watt and 2 VHO's, do you think this will be enough light ?

Your light setup will be more than enough for your tank. The only thing that will suck is having that center brace on the top of the tank. Who's hiding behind the tank?

Archived