ReefCleaners.org

Good bye one hobby hello to another a 40b build

knox_legend

knox_legend

Thanks @Tigahboy the stand was my first and it came out pretty nice. The cedar fence picket doors have grown on me. I wasn’t too sure about how much lighter they were. 

Its the the first time I’ve used Dr. Tim’s and ammonium chloride so I hope things go quick but I’m planning on a month or so. 

Ive been following your 20 build on the instagram and it’s real hard for me to not go out a buy one of those IM tanks. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, knox_legend said:

Thanks @Tigahboy the stand was my first and it came out pretty nice. The cedar fence picket doors have grown on me. I wasn’t too sure about how much lighter they were. 

Its the the first time I’ve used Dr. Tim’s and ammonium chloride so I hope things go quick but I’m planning on a month or so. 

Ive been following your 20 build on the instagram and it’s real hard for me to not go out a buy one of those IM tanks. 

Dang.  First???  Came out great!  You can build another when you get your IM tank.  2 tanks are always better than 1.  LOL.

What's your IG username?

First time I used Dr. Tim's was for my volcano pico and that took 18 days.  We'll see how long the 20 will take.

knox_legend
50 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

What's your IG username?

Knox_hobby_ 

Im sure a small aio is in the future I can feel it

• Like 1
knox_legend

Well not much happening or too exciting with cycling going on so I test and look at an empty box of saltwater. I guess it’s a good time to catch up on my painting. 

Its cycling for sure as I’m getting nitrite and nitrate readings now and the ammonia is going down everyday. I added 1.5 ml of ammonium chloride today and will check to see what the level is and then the api squint in the morning to see if it’s green, yellow, maybe some of both wait no that’s yellow, no no it’s got some green tint. 

C93FB335-FD09-456C-A137-D613A6313805.jpeg

• Like 5
knox_legend

Well looks like we have cycled. It took around 15 days or so and tested for zero ammonia yesterday but I ran another test today and it came out zero ammonia and nitrite. I dosed 1.5 ml of ammonium chloride today and will see what my numbers look like tomorrow. 

Im not in a super hurry to stock stuff so I may wait till the end of the month to add anything while I decide on some livestock. I have no clue on what I want for fish but for some reason I’d like to have nothing but damsels. 

5D559D8C-3464-4AC1-8692-CBD0A227D1BB.jpeg

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, knox_legend said:

I bet it’ll cycle real soon. I think we both started around the same time? 

Hope so. Started mine 6/1.

• 2 weeks later...
knox_legend

Added some pods and phyto from Algae Barn today and some marine pure blocks to the ac 110. It’s getting closer to an undetermined first fish and standard cuc. 

E43147AE-99DE-430C-B3D1-FAE16AA02F29.jpeg

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, knox_legend said:

Added some pods and phyto from Algae Barn today and some marine pure blocks to the ac 110. It’s getting closer to an undetermined first fish and standard cuc. 

E43147AE-99DE-430C-B3D1-FAE16AA02F29.jpeg

Niiice!  AlgaeBarn forgot to give me a sticker this time. Tho I do have like 2 from prior orders.  Lol. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

Niiice!  AlgaeBarn forgot to give me a sticker this time. Tho I do have like 2 from prior orders.  Lol. 

But did you get the Swedish fish that’s what’s important 

• Haha 1
On 6/10/2019 at 6:43 AM, knox_legend said:

Well not much happening or too exciting with cycling going on so I test and look at an empty box of saltwater. I guess it’s a good time to catch up on my painting. 

Its cycling for sure as I’m getting nitrite and nitrate readings now and the ammonia is going down everyday. I added 1.5 ml of ammonium chloride today and will check to see what the level is and then the api squint in the morning to see if it’s green, yellow, maybe some of both wait no that’s yellow, no no it’s got some green tint. 

C93FB335-FD09-456C-A137-D613A6313805.jpeg

Nice stand! And tank! 

• Like 1
knox_legend
16 hours ago, ef4life said:

But did you get the Swedish fish that’s what’s important 

My kids had that Swedish fish out of the box before I could even take the insulation out!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
knox_legend

Well to test the waters so to speak now that cycling is complete I picked up some bargain bin corals from the lfs. I picked up 4 zoa frags and an acan frag along with a yellow tail damsel. So far two of the zoas opened up right away and are looking great, two of the other zoas are doing good and more of the polyps open every day. The acan also seems to be doing well as it seems to be inflated and I don’t see any skeleton. I do really like these smaller damsels so I hope this one turns out to not be a terror 🤞🏼 This whole camera thing will be a work in progress so sorry about any shoddy camera work

E7190F19-79CF-4BF0-96FB-09FE956DB89F.jpeg

• Like 1