ReefCleaners.org

Clownfish with one open gill.

kai.thompsonnn

kai.thompsonnn

There are a few bumps on his first stripe and the gills on his left side are open. I bought a pair yesterday from a local fish store. There is a small white dot on the others pectoral fin and a similar dot on the potentially sick ones body. The store has pretty good reviews, although i am worried it may be ich. Maybe simply a birth defect? Tank has been running for 6 weeks. Parameters are good and shrimp, snail, and crabs have been doing good for a couple weeks. Please help

image.jpg

kai.thompsonnn
38 minutes ago, Humblefish said:

Do any of the bumps look like Lympho: https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/403444-lymphocystis-fish-disease-information/

If so, it's possible a nodule is growing over his gill causing the slit to be "stuck" open.

I think it’s a little too early to tell. Just looks like a slight bump. Maybe a little longer so i’m leaning towards lympho. Also, just a another quick question. My smaller males seems to be biting at my females fins. I can’t find any info on this as it always seems to by the opposite. Thanks!

11 hours ago, kai.thompsonnn said:

I think it’s a little too early to tell. Just looks like a slight bump. Maybe a little longer so i’m leaning towards lympho. Also, just a another quick question. My smaller males seems to be biting at my females fins. I can’t find any info on this as it always seems to by the opposite. Thanks!

You sure you don't have two females? The male usually acts submissive towards the female, and the female will be the more aggressive one.

• Like 1
kai.thompsonnn
41 minutes ago, Humblefish said:

You sure you don't have two females? The male usually acts submissive towards the female, and the female will be the more aggressive one.

The one is far smaller so i assume it’s a male. Quite odd