Jump to content
hayseed777

Hayseed's Howewrecker IM 10 Nuvo

Recommended Posts

hayseed777

In a move that may very well lead to a divorce, I bought a bunch of stuff.

 

So far I have ordered:

 

IM 10 Nuvo

 

Mighty Jet 326gph DC pump

 

Lumini Pixie 30 C.O.B. led light

 

inTank Media Basket and filter floss

 

IM Spinstream

 

Cobalt Neo-therm 50 watt heater

 

IM Nano mag cleaner

 

Tropic Marin Bio-Actif salt

 

API Reef master test kit

 

Caribsea Hawaiian Black sand

 

Working on sourcing some Bali Alor live rock

 

This is all in addition to the two Mini Complete Tanks I'm setting up. 

 

Everything is supposed to hit my doorstep Monday...and the wife is off Monday. Additionally, I work 12 hour night shifts all weekend, so me being conscious enough to intercept the packages is unlikely.

 

I'd like to publicly state, here and now, that if a divorce occurs, the blame rests firmly upon the awe-inspiring IM 10s of teenyreef and CannedFish. 

 

Wish me luck, gentlemen.

 

 

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
saltbae

whats the damage? $$$$ also when you say 2 minis? are these just waiting to start or are they running. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
hayseed777
1 hour ago, saltbae said:

whats the damage? $$$$ also when you say 2 minis? are these just waiting to start or are they running. 

 

Total Damage for the IM 10 (so far) is about $450.00. Still need live rock.

 

I've got a black Mini Tank set up, but I just have some old rock in there purifying with carbon and distilled water. I'm paranoid sitting dry for years has somehow compromised it.

 

Got a white Mini Tank that should be delivered tomorrow.  Total in the Mini's is $200 so far.

 

I talked myself into the IM 10 because I started worrying about all the possible (and likely) disasters with the small water volume of the Minis. I want to do high end zoas and plays in them, so obviously I need a safe tank to put them in if things start going bad. 

 

Of course, I could've cleaned up any of the half dozen tanks I have rotting in the garage, but what's the fun in that?

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
hayseed777

Divorce pending. She grew suspicious when I handed her cash and told her to go get a mani-pedi. 15 minutes later, she's about to leave *Ding-Dong* and it looked like an aquarium shop was setting up outside my door. She was not pleased. 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
hayseed777

Well...just cracked the $#!+ out of the back glass. I was drilling a 1/2" hole for my ato sensor. It was going good until the bit got all the way through, then the front of the drill hit the glass. I didn't think much of it, it didn't seem like a hard hit. Got it inside and noticed a weird line under the vinyl. Fml...I hate this hobby!

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
righttirefire
23 minutes ago, hayseed777 said:

Well...just cracked the $#!+ out of the back glass. I was drilling a 1/2" hole for my ato sensor. It was going good until the bit got all the way through, then the front of the drill hit the glass. I didn't think much of it, it didn't seem like a hard hit. Got it inside and noticed a weird line under the vinyl. Fml...I hate this hobby!

So you'll be served tomorrow?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
hayseed777
46 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

So you'll be served tomorrow?

No. Probably when the new tank arrives.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef
On 1/11/2019 at 8:04 PM, hayseed777 said:

I'd like to publicly state, here and now, that if a divorce occurs, the blame rests firmly upon the awe-inspiring IM 10s of teenyreef and CannedFish.

@teenyreef and @Cannedfish, look what you guys got this man into....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
teenyreef
On 2/21/2019 at 11:30 PM, micoastreefing said:

@teenyreef and @Cannedfish, look what you guys got this man into....

Ummmmmmmmm...

 

Nice tank?

 

Guess I have to follow this thread :lol:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
hayseed777

My jackass clowns are harassing my short tentacle plate. I've tried moving it several times, but they go back to it. It's weird because I have a long tentacle plate, which would make more sense. During lights on, the female will pick at the tentacles. At lights out, they look like two fat, orange Bulldogs cuddled up in a too small dog bed. They literally lay on it like a mattress, I thought they were dead the first time I saw them sleeping on it. Any ideas short of throwing a nem in the tank to break the habit?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
51 minutes ago, hayseed777 said:

My jackass clowns are harassing my short tentacle plate. I've tried moving it several times, but they go back to it. It's weird because I have a long tentacle plate, which would make more sense. During lights on, the female will pick at the tentacles. At lights out, they look like two fat, orange Bulldogs cuddled up in a too small dog bed. They literally lay on it like a mattress, I thought they were dead the first time I saw them sleeping on it. Any ideas short of throwing a nem in the tank to break the habit?

 

They like what they like. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Weirdos. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
hayseed777

Caught the jackasses in inaction.

20190413_032215.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
4 hours ago, hayseed777 said:

Caught the jackasses in inaction.

20190413_032215.jpg

 

That pic is hilarious. 😄 I feel sorry for the plate.

 

The only thing you can do is help them find something else......  the problem is they may not want something else. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...