ReefCleaners.org

Hayseed's Howewrecker IM 10 Nuvo

hayseed777

In a move that may very well lead to a divorce, I bought a bunch of stuff.

So far I have ordered:

IM 10 Nuvo

Mighty Jet 326gph DC pump

Lumini Pixie 30 C.O.B. led light

inTank Media Basket and filter floss

IM Spinstream

Cobalt Neo-therm 50 watt heater

IM Nano mag cleaner

Tropic Marin Bio-Actif salt

API Reef master test kit

Caribsea Hawaiian Black sand

Working on sourcing some Bali Alor live rock

This is all in addition to the two Mini Complete Tanks I'm setting up. 

Everything is supposed to hit my doorstep Monday...and the wife is off Monday. Additionally, I work 12 hour night shifts all weekend, so me being conscious enough to intercept the packages is unlikely.

I'd like to publicly state, here and now, that if a divorce occurs, the blame rests firmly upon the awe-inspiring IM 10s of teenyreef and CannedFish. 

Wish me luck, gentlemen.

• Haha 7
1 hour ago, saltbae said:

whats the damage? $$$$ also when you say 2 minis? are these just waiting to start or are they running. 

Total Damage for the IM 10 (so far) is about $450.00. Still need live rock.

I've got a black Mini Tank set up, but I just have some old rock in there purifying with carbon and distilled water. I'm paranoid sitting dry for years has somehow compromised it.

Got a white Mini Tank that should be delivered tomorrow.  Total in the Mini's is $200 so far.

I talked myself into the IM 10 because I started worrying about all the possible (and likely) disasters with the small water volume of the Minis. I want to do high end zoas and plays in them, so obviously I need a safe tank to put them in if things start going bad. 

Of course, I could've cleaned up any of the half dozen tanks I have rotting in the garage, but what's the fun in that?

• Wow 1

Divorce pending. She grew suspicious when I handed her cash and told her to go get a mani-pedi. 15 minutes later, she's about to leave *Ding-Dong* and it looked like an aquarium shop was setting up outside my door. She was not pleased. 

• Haha 5
  • 1 month later...

Well...just cracked the $#!+ out of the back glass. I was drilling a 1/2" hole for my ato sensor. It was going good until the bit got all the way through, then the front of the drill hit the glass. I didn't think much of it, it didn't seem like a hard hit. Got it inside and noticed a weird line under the vinyl. Fml...I hate this hobby!

• Sad 2
righttirefire
23 minutes ago, hayseed777 said:

Well...just cracked the $#!+ out of the back glass. I was drilling a 1/2" hole for my ato sensor. It was going good until the bit got all the way through, then the front of the drill hit the glass. I didn't think much of it, it didn't seem like a hard hit. Got it inside and noticed a weird line under the vinyl. Fml...I hate this hobby!

So you'll be served tomorrow?

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

My jackass clowns are harassing my short tentacle plate. I've tried moving it several times, but they go back to it. It's weird because I have a long tentacle plate, which would make more sense. During lights on, the female will pick at the tentacles. At lights out, they look like two fat, orange Bulldogs cuddled up in a too small dog bed. They literally lay on it like a mattress, I thought they were dead the first time I saw them sleeping on it. Any ideas short of throwing a nem in the tank to break the habit?

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, hayseed777 said:

My jackass clowns are harassing my short tentacle plate. I've tried moving it several times, but they go back to it. It's weird because I have a long tentacle plate, which would make more sense. During lights on, the female will pick at the tentacles. At lights out, they look like two fat, orange Bulldogs cuddled up in a too small dog bed. They literally lay on it like a mattress, I thought they were dead the first time I saw them sleeping on it. Any ideas short of throwing a nem in the tank to break the habit?

They like what they like. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Weirdos. 😄

4 hours ago, hayseed777 said:

Caught the jackasses in inaction.

20190413_032215.jpg

That pic is hilarious. 😄 I feel sorry for the plate.

The only thing you can do is help them find something else......  the problem is they may not want something else. 🤷🏻‍♀️