Innovative Marine Aquariums

Duncan coral growth

Noobreefer90

Noobreefer90

I was wondering how fast the new heads will grow on my Duncan I noticed a little knit a week ago it hasn’t changed a lot kinda maybe looks like a little tentical coming out hard to tell because it’s in the back. Then this afternoon I noticed a little knot on the other head possibly another 

2 hours ago, Noobreefer90 said:

I was wondering how fast the new heads will grow on my Duncan I noticed a little knit a week ago it hasn’t changed a lot kinda maybe looks like a little tentical coming out hard to tell because it’s in the back. Then this afternoon I noticed a little knot on the other head possibly another 

It does take some time but depends  the conditions in your tank . if I remember correctly  like 2 to 3 weeks  before you will see what looks like a head with tentacles.   This is what mine looks like as of 9/28/18

IMG_4602.JPG

• Like 2
NuisanceAlgaeCultivator

My Duncan has been random with the quantity and frequency of head growing, but big water changes and feeding usually net some huge growth or new heads. Started with one polyp similar Tofer's above and it didn't didn't split the first few months but it definitely grew in size from about a 1" to 2" diameter. 

Then all of a sudden within a 2-3 week period it cloned out 3x more heads. Another 1-2 months later the original head grew to nearly 2.5", the three heads grew to about 1.5", and another head popped up.  

In short I've  got 5x from the 1x in a little less than a year's time with cheap amazon lighting, mysis once a week, and not the best water changing schedule honestly. With good upkeep I'm sure it could grow even faster. 

My wife's Duncan went from 3 heads to 12 in 8 months.  It gets fed once a week.  It's been a pretty easy coral and will probably outgrow the tank.

20190103_184704.jpg

• Like 1