ReefCleaners.org

First scape

Slim64684

I'm in the process of setting up my first saltwater tank. It's going to be a regular 20 long. This is the rock scape i came up with. The card board is cut to the same size as my tank and i will also have about a 1" sand layer. I know the structure on the right needs to shift 

Towards the back just a bit to make sure I have easy access to clean the glass. Other than that what does everyone think

20181117_215357.jpg

20181117_215453.jpg

• Like 6
Christopher Marks

Welcome to the community @Slim64684! 👋

I'm impressed with your aquascape creation, glue it down! It has nice balance, gives you perfect clearance on all sides, and the height gives plenty of room for coral growth without looking 'short'. Good work!

What kinds of coral are you planning to keep?

• Like 1

Looks good.. look into this stuff reef welder for gluing your rock together.  Marine depot has it on sell right now. It's pretty neat it's like these little white plastic balls that you dip in boiling water then it's like a play dough . Worked real well for me when I was making my scape using dry rock.. I believe marine depot has a video on it too. Anyways like the scape . Good luck happy reefing

Picked up some instant ocean hold fast locally today and epoxied the formation into 2 large pieces. Used a piece of rubble to give the epoxy some texture. Hopefully I can get the rest of my water mixed up and have it flooded before bed. 

20181118_154223.jpg

• Like 2

I REALLY like what you have come up with.  I particularly like how you have the rock curving in the front to make little cups or lagoon areas.  I can see the shrooms and riccs already.  🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
Gourami Swami

I think your scape looks perfect like that man, nice little cave on the right. Might use slightly more sand to benefit from deep sand bed and also push the scape up a bit more vertically.