wallyman424

Just another Nuvo 10: The Fallow Phase

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but metronidazole (e.g. Seachem Metroplex) also treats brook.

However, being metro can be slow acting I would give the affected fish either a 5 min FW dip or a 90 min bath in Ruby Reef Rally for temporary relief. There is even anecdotal evidence that a single Rally bath will sometimes knock brook out.

With the recent unpleasantness behind us, the tank has been doing great. Parameters are all stable, zoas and hammer are growing great. No nuissance algae (yet). I also got a clearview classic acrylic lid. Really makes the tank a lot nicer. The lid fits better and passes a lot more light through the mesh and rim. After the upcoming holidays I'm going to make another trek to WWC to get a few more corals. Thinking an acan and a duncan or torch.

MVIMG_20181120_204259.thumb.jpg.c8effe948b689d224e6090da63337f55.jpg

• Like 1

Updated pictures. Good coral growth, new heads on both zoas. The hammer coral continues to grow and now appears to be in the early stages of splitting. I should have two hammer coral heads soon. Parameters all good, just continuing on with the 2 gallon weekly water changes. Last week I had a little diatom bloom, changed out my chemipure and its all gone. That was right at the 2 month mark, so I think the two small packets are good for a month and a half or so.

Been a little too busy to get any new frags, but hopefully will do in the next couple weeks.

MVIMG_20181205_214039.thumb.jpg.637a5907cee5b1ce4dd2e3464d207bf5.jpgMVIMG_20181205_214101.thumb.jpg.e842b75d53aba459d207c55186338a2c.jpg

• Like 2

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions