inTank Media Baskets

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

21 minutes ago, DreC80 said:

Man that sucks.  Was the acro like that in the bag or did it rtn overnight?

In the bag. They had a heat pack in there but the bags didnt feel warm enough .. before I ordered the frags I did talk to a lady there and she seemed super sweet I bet they will just give me store credit or something.. 

34 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Looks like nice additions! Most vendors are flexible when it comes to DOA or even bleached frags.

Whats the cam? Quality looks great!

Just a cheap 30 dollar one from amazon.. does look pretty decent quality so far.. has a hard time with the blues like every camera lol

20181229_113725.jpg

• Like 2

I mean, there IS still slight flesh and a polyp here and there on that frag it looks like.  It's a crapshoot, but I definitely wouldnt chuck it at all.  Atleast not until it is good and rock colored. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, patback said:

I mean, there IS still slight flesh and a polyp here and there on that frag it looks like.  It's a crapshoot, but I definitely wouldnt chuck it at all.  Atleast not until it is good and rock colored. 

Ha just barely I guess . I will leave it in there and see what happens.. wont hurt anything to try and bring it back to life 🤣

• Like 1

Well damn I have this yellow eye kole tang. Love this fish. Been fine for a few months then all of a sudden seems like he might be getting sick.. normally he is out swiming around picking the rocks . Last 2 days I have only seen him once. Hasn't even been out if I try and feed him.. the one time I did see him he was non stop opening and closing his mouth kinda like when a fish feeds but slower.. when I saw him it was only briefly and before the lights came on, I didnt see any spots or signs of ick and what not.. kinda stumped.. hope he doesn't die!!! Any ideas??

• Sad 2

Well hopefully the fish isn't sick and its something a wc can fix.. did a 20 percent juts now so fingers crossed. Oh and wife was messing with me and took a pic so I figured I share lol

E.jpg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, spectra said:

How come your not wearing your man purse you got :lol: wheres the beer.............I never work on the tank without one..........

I got one of those mini kegs of Heineken a couple weeks back and forgot about it until tonight. Put the tap on and it's literally 100% foam.  😞

Whoops. Sorry weikel... thought this was the lounge. Didnt mean to muddy up your thread. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, patback said:

I got one of those mini kegs of Heineken a couple weeks back and forgot about it until tonight. Put the tap on and it's literally 100% foam.  😞

Whoops. Sorry weikel... thought this was the lounge. Didnt mean to muddy up your thread. 

Lmao muddy up my thread with beer talk?? Non sense that's better than fish talk 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, spectra said:

How come your not wearing your man purse you got :lol: wheres the beer.............I never work on the tank without one..........

Ha still got the big belly fanny waiting to be re gifted 😆.. cracking the second beer now. My daughter got the stomach flu last night and puked all night . She is feeling better now but we called her daycare and 3 of the 5 kids got it.. so now the wife and I are waiting for our turn.. wife said why are you drinking beer your going to be sick.. I told her if I puke and it doesn't contain beer it will throw me all off .. 😎

• Haha 1

Well shit my kole tang died last night. Kinda weird don’t know what happened.. only thing I did was add a banngi cardinal the on the 27th , but he was looking good I even had him in my biocube for 3 weeks for observation.. luckily the tang floated out of the rocks and I was able to remove him. Didn’t see any white flakes or spots so I dunno wtf happened. I did read that someone had their kole tang get a piece of gravel stuck in it mouth , maybe that happened I did my little guy picking off the sand lately..

• Sad 3

So I am a freak about testing the params of my tank but was slacking off on testing mag.. i waited like a month to test and man it dropped from 1300ish to 900ish.. so over a week i dosed it up. Well come to find out my red sea test kit was jacked it was about a year old at the time an about time for a refill.  Long story short I should have known my mag wouldnt drop that fast but now with a salfert test kit I am reading like 1500.. 

And that was after a 24 percent wc this weekend so I am sure the mag was higher. Anyone know if the high mag could have killed my tang? And what problems could high mag cause??

• Wow 1
3 minutes ago, patback said:

I have no clue if that could have gone it or not. 

Based off you saying its mouth was open, I would guess not. 

Yea who knows 🙃

Well since I lost my kole tang I figured might as well try another one😎.. got a wrasse too. They are all set up in my bare biocube now for observation..  man it was hard to try and snap a picture with both of them in the frame lol..

LRM_EXPORT_53220375166904_20190113_165050040.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 3:50 PM, DreC80 said:

Hopefully this guy will stay alive for you...they are cool fish.  What type of wrasse did you go with?

My bad must have missed this post .. I ended up with a melanurus wrasse.. hoping he will eat any pests that might make it into my tank...🤞

• Like 2

So that little birds nest coral I got online(the one that was pretty bleeched) it seems to be doing ok all the little polyps are out but on the very tips of the coral there is a little algae growing on them. It's weird bc so far I haven't had much algae in the tank. So is it bad to have a little algae on this coral ? Should I try and snip it off ???

Not a sps guy so you peeps will have to help a guy out😁

20190128_161039.jpg

• Like 1

I would leave it.  If the coral is healthy it will regrow over that dead area.  Maybe take a toothbrush and lightly brush off the algae.  Looks like the coral is starting to color back up for ya.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, DreC80 said:

I would leave it.  If the coral is healthy it will regrow over that dead area.  Maybe take a toothbrush and lightly brush off the algae.  Looks like the coral is starting to color back up for ya.

Ya it seems to be coloring up but I thought it was wishful thinking ...lol

• Like 1