Innovative Marine Aquariums

NanoBox Summer Update

DaveFason

It has been a wild summer. I want to give everyone an update on what is happening around NanoBox. 

First things first, I will do a better job! I have been in a rut the past few months and I know it has effected some items. From loosing a close friend, loosing a machinist and a couple other set backs I am finally back on track. Here are a few changes that I will better the customer experience. 

• Weekly updates with customers. Keeping up to date progress and photos of what is going on with orders. 
  • Text message updates. Everyone is on a phone now. I will be changing a few services to keep people in up to date. This will help with setup questions and questions regarding orders. 
  • Videos. I want to consistently add videos on reef tank ideas, NanoBox installs, how-to's and videos explaining how the light works. 

New Products :

I've added new products to the website. Pictures will be loaded over the week. 

• Basic RETRO Kit - I have been blown away with how many inquires I receive about an on/off RETRO kit. These can be used for AIO tanks, T5 units or any DIY job. $124.95 - $199.95 
  • NanoBox Driver Board - For those wanting an easy DIY solution. Fan control, SCW ready and LDD-H ready. $24.95
  • X-Large RETRO Plus M - Used for RSM 250, larger T5 units and canopies. This kit includes four NanoBox arrays on one heatsink. $550
  • Dual Tide Plus M - Two Tides linked together. This option is great for long nano tanks or those looking to position lights exactly over a reef. $550

NanoBox Array Changes : Mint

I am updating the Bluefish APP to add a Mint preset option. I am phasing out the dedicated moonlight to replace it with Mint. After testing Mint for 14 months, I am now confident to add a dedicated channel for this. If you have ordered a light within the last two months this is already standard! 

The moonlight option will be changed to the royal blue channel ( same functions ). 

A video and thread will be posted on Mint to help people understand how amazing this color is. I have successfully ran all NanoBox tanks with zero white LEDs for the past year. 

NanoBox Garage Sale :

I will be posting a slew of products that I no longer use for sale this week. Tanks, ballasts, DIY units, etc. 

Current Re-Sellers :

@inTank sells the RETRO Plus M kits in the B32, Large and B16 styles. 

@Marine Depot sells the NanoBox Duo Plus M and NanoBox Tide Plus M. 

NanoBox Tanks :

People ask me daily about my tanks. I try to keep it simple and what works for my life style. I currently have four tanks running. Two reef tanks, one planted and one terrarium. 

Red Sea Reef 170

• NanoBox Duo 
  • NYOS Skimmer
  • Heater
  • MP40, RW4, RW4
  • Innovative Marine Return Pump 
  • I only use the following additives - 

Current FTS

Nano Box Red Sea

Innovative Marine IM10 :

• NanoBox Basic Tide 
  • Heater
  • RW4
  • Carbon 

NanoBox IM10

NanoBox Terrarium :

• NanoBox Basic Flare 

NanoBox Terrarium

NanoBox Planted Tank : Please note tank was just trimmed heavily! 

• NanoBox Basic Flare 
  • Heater
  • Chinese HOB 
  • Brightwell Additives - Video on the later. 

NanoBox Planted

I want to thank everyone who has supported NanoBox over the years. It is amazing to see all the tanks that are illuminated by NanoBox lights. Seeing tanks from the Middle East, Asia and all over the USA makes me grin ear to ear! 

THANK YOU! 

-Dave

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi Dave, nice update.

I too have been running mint and no white, plus I have the extra royal blue channel.  Mint is amazing, really bright to the eye, and great color balance compared to either Lime or the horrible white LED's.  

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, markalot said:

Hi Dave, nice update.

I too have been running mint and no white, plus I have the extra royal blue channel.  Mint is amazing, really bright to the eye, and great color balance compared to either Lime or the horrible white LED's.  

Totally agreed sir!

• Like 2
Christopher Marks

Keep up the good work Dave, we're here for you thick and thin! I admire your perseverance and continued improvements to everything that you create.

I'm really inspired by your NanoBox Terrarium, my wife and I have been trying to keep more indoor plants, a setup like that might allow us to keep some things that otherwise struggle with our dry air and shaded window light.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Keep up the good work Dave, we're here for you thick and thin! I admire your perseverance and continued improvements to everything that you create.

I'm really inspired by your NanoBox Terrarium, my wife and I have been trying to keep more indoor plants, a setup like that might allow us to keep some things that otherwise struggle with our dry air and shaded window light.

Thank you for all the support. Holler at me if you ever want to try one. Here is a photo of the tank from October 2016. 

32501107462_d3dec579c4_b.jpg

1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

speaking of updates, what happened to that IM Fusion (or was it EXT?) and APS combo that you got for the office a while back?  Any plan to bring that tank to life?  

Next to me. I had a lease scare a few months ago that put everything on halt. I really like the 30L and thought about setting up as a reef tank.

• Like 1

Keep up the great work Dave.  Your the main reason i went with Nanobox.  The communication and Customer service were such a HUGE plus... of course you make one killer light to 😉

• Like 2
On 7/18/2018 at 2:13 PM, drgibby said:

Keep up the great work Dave.  Your the main reason i went with Nanobox.  The communication and Customer service were such a HUGE plus... of course you make one killer light to 😉

Thank bud! Hope to see something new from you soon. 😄

• Like 2

When you say two tide chained together, does that mean one controller for both tides?  I really like the idea but I am worried that the goosenecks are so hard to adjust that it will be difficult to angle them perfectly.  Any updates on better future mount options?  

14 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

When you say two tide chained together, does that mean one controller for both tides?  I really like the idea but I am worried that the goosenecks are so hard to adjust that it will be difficult to angle them perfectly.  Any updates on better future mount options?  

Correct. I do not have any future mount options. What angle are you looking at achieving?