Cultivated Reef

Anyone heard of an Octospawn dropping a tentacle?

sapling

Hey Nano reef!

So long story short, due to a long distance move to phoenix via plane, I have been forced to break down all my tanks, and sell my corals and fish.

while I was selling my coral, I had noticed while I was getting ready to sell a coral, about a 1/4" from my octospawn, I saw 1 of its little tentacles on the ground, I know it wasnt nipped or injured, and the tentacle still has it's coloring

well fast forward 24 hrs, and none of the scavengers ate it overnight, and it still has it's color, has anyone heard of this happening? I assume it cant split from that and I have no idea how the tentacle dropped.

thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, sapling said:

Hey Nano reef!

So long story short, due to a long distance move to phoenix via plane, I have been forced to break down all my tanks, and sell my corals and fish.

while I was selling my coral, I had noticed while I was getting ready to sell a coral, about a 1/4" from my octospawn, I saw 1 of its little tentacles on the ground, I know it wasnt nipped or injured, and the tentacle still has it's coloring

well fast forward 24 hrs, and none of the scavengers ate it overnight, and it still has it's color, has anyone heard of this happening? I assume it cant split from that and I have no idea how the tentacle dropped.

thanks in advance!

I have a Frogspawn that would sometimes drop a Tentacle. I suspect it gets twisted in the flow and breaks free. 

• Like 2
MainelyReefer

I do see the occasional euphyllia tentacle floating around in my LPS dominant tank, most often from my frogspawn which hosts my clowns so I usually chalk it up as potential damage from them.  I have yet to see a bailed tentacle survive.

• Like 1