Coral Vue Hydros

Suggestions for pico AIO

Disher

I had my heart set on the 3.7g Imagitarium from Petco but had bad luck getting them to arrive unbroken! Two of these tanks in a row arrived broken or shattered. Petco refused to ship a third, and wouldn’t ship to my local store either... Anyways, other tank suggestions?? I’m looking for <5g AIO under $100. 

Fluval Spec 3 Gallon - I don’t like the look

Marineland Contour 3 Gallon - Back chambers are very small

JBJ mini Cubey - haven’t seen many of these

Ocean box designs 4.3 gallon - $150 price tag!

4 Gallon Starphire Ultra-Clear Glass Cube - Waterbox - AMAZING but Out of Stock

DIY Mr. Aqua 3g

Or a creative way to get my hands on the 3.7g tank I originally wanted? Thanks :-)

Why not DIY?

A cheap 5 gallon tank (Top Fin makes surprisingly sleek tanks for pretty cheap) from Petsmart, some scrap glass and some silicone might be better than anything you're going to find for less than $100.

15 minutes ago, Lorekeeper said:

Why not DIY?

A cheap 5 gallon tank (Top Fin makes surprisingly sleek tanks for pretty cheap) from Petsmart, some scrap glass and some silicone might be better than anything you're going to find for less than $100.

Thanks for commenting! I guess I didn’t think of DIY. I actually like the sound of it because I could customize the size of the rear chambers as well. Hmm... That right there is very intriguing. 

I could go to a plastics shop and have them customize the false wall and add baffles for overflow. 

• Like 2
MainelyReefer

You could go on a unicorn hunt and try to find an IM pico 4, that's my favorite mass produced pico. Beyond not having an option for a premade upgradable media basket and other goodies this waterbox aquarium just came out and is pretty slick looking and cheap too. https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/4-gallon-starphire-ultra-clear-glass-cube-waterbox/

i also made my own out of a MR. Aqua 3G and it is awesome so the DIY route is equally cool

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Nelson said:

Maybe one from ocean box designs? Frag tank pico is 150 usd and 4.3 gallon

Thanks for the suggestion! I did see that one as well, but ruled it out because I think it’s too pricey. Remember the cheapest part of a reef tank is the tank itself LOL

10 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

You could go on a unicorn hunt and try to find an IM pico 4, that's my favorite mass produced pico. Beyond not having an option for a premade upgradable media basket and other goodies this waterbox aquarium just came out and is pretty slick looking and cheap too. https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/4-gallon-starphire-ultra-clear-glass-cube-waterbox/

i also made my own out of a MR. Aqua 3G and it is awesome so the DIY route is equally cool

Wow! That’s super nice. I’m not going to lie, I would buy that RIGHT NOW... I’m not opposed to DIY, but not feeling that ambitious at the moment...haha

I wasn’t aware of a 4 gallon IM pico, interesting!

11 minutes ago, Disher said:

I ended up purchasing the 3.9 gallon Waterbox. I just hope it shows up in one piece, keep your fingers crossed!

Oh no! You didn’t read the disclaimer on the website? Those are assembly required! They just send glass and silicone! So let’s hope the pieces and not broken. 

;)

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Oh no! You didn’t read the disclaimer on the website? Those are assembly required! They just send glass and silicone! So let’s hope the pieces and not broken. 

;)

It’s not rocket science, bring it on!! 

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...