Innovative Marine Aquariums

Acan species only tank

AvaS

Hi, I would love to set up a acan only reef tank that is 10 gallons or less.. ideally I would like an AIO tank.. also if it has a kit that comes with a light to happily support a variety of acans that would be great! If not some affordable light recommendations that would be compatible with the tank would be awesome! I would like to do no modifications to the tank and I was think maybe a cadlight 8 gallon or IM nuvo fusion 10 but have heard mixed options about both and the IM supposivly needs many modifications to get it up and running. Thanks and let me know 

burtbollinger

A Nuvo 10 with an AI Prime HD or a Nanobox Tide on it dialed in low and fairly blue would be cool

Acan only, no need for skimmer...just watch your parameters carefully.     

I had lots of problems with acans until i really understood the importance of ALk.  I'd invest in a Hanna checker for alk.

also...get a good ATO.

oh...just to break up the tank a little....perhaps pick out a single, nice medium high-end chalice from WWC or somewhere. 

Thanks for both of your help! Would the IM nuvo fusion 10 gallon from the kit need any modifications because I rather not need to do any and what else would I need to purchase? Any other light recommendations that are a little more budget friendly because I know that this is not a cheap hobby but i thought maybe there are some more affordable lights because all I would have are a variety of acans and MAYBE a nice challice because I think that could look cool.. let me know 

That kit has pretty much everything you need, and being as the prime by itself is 220 without bracket or a tank that kit is deals.

The only things you will need beyond that kit would be a heater, power head, and maybe a media rack; but really, anything you buy would need those aswell.

Cobalt neo therm, again not the cheapest thing, but considering heaters are probably the #1 failure in this hobby, spending a little more up front can save you hundreds if not thousands later.

On the budget route for a power head, look at hydor or jabao.