ReefCleaners.org

Firefish and Goby Compatability

displayname

Hi all,

I stumbled on the forum one day at lunch and it's been a huge help! I have a Fluval M60 that has just finished cycling.

I'm looking to get:

-Goby/Shrimp pair

-Ocellaris Clown

-Purple Firefish

-Royal Gamma

My question is, should I think about forgetting the firefish because of the shrimp goby? Or will I likely be okay keeping the two in the tank together since the firefish is rather peaceful and the shrimp goby stays near the bottom? Thanks in advance!

Shrimp gobies and firefish are compatible and get along just fine. Both are peaceful and occupy different areas of the tank. I have a yellow watchman goby and an orange firefish in my 14 gallon.

I have looked at the fluval m60 and was really tempted to buy one but I ended up getting the fluval evo 12 last year :). I barely set up my tank in October but so far really like it. Hope your m60 turns out really nice

Thanks Mike. Likewise. I know they don't necessarily make the best quality stuff, but I've always like their aesthetic. I was actually torn between the EVO and the m60. I ended up with my current tank for the extra volume and stand.

The Reef Novice
19 hours ago, Felicia said:

Shrimp gobies and firefish are compatible and get along just fine. Both are peaceful and occupy different areas of the tank. I have a yellow watchman goby and an orange firefish in my 14 gallon.

I actually had a different experience and maybe it is a one off. I am not sure also if my pistol shrimp played a part but my firefish decided to hide in my watchman goby’s borrow which in turn the goby became aggressive towards the fire and eventually killed it. Everyone’s tank dynamics are going to be different due to inhabitants, my suggestion would be to monitor any fish behavior to ensure that all is well.