Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jbj nc24 custom filtration/return help

JBolt

Hello all, first off I happy to become a member of the nano reef community.  I inhareted a crashing cube that didn't make it. I cleaned the tank with vinegar added aragonite sand and some beautiful dry rock from reef cleaners (give them a look for dry rock it is gorgeous). I have learned a lot from the members on this site from lurking around and now have an idea of what I want to do with the 3 chambers. Thanks for any help in advance and I hope y'all can help.   I have an idea I would like to do so I'll run past you experienced reefers.  I pulled the sponges, rings, bioballs, and expired carbon and ordered an in tank media basket for chamber 1 a roll of filter floss, and purigen w/bags to use as needed. I also want to run two return pumps but I want the water to go through all three chambers so I will put a bulkhead in wall dividing chamber 2/3 put the 2nd pump in chamber 2 but plumb intake from chamber three with return nozzle out of chamber 2.  To complete I want a skimmer/ato not to depend on, but for a neglect safety net (I have a weird work schedule) so at first I was thinking place the skimmer in chamber two like everyone else but then my need to experiment got the best of me and I wondered where does most surface scum end up so I added a cap of vegetable oil to my water only tank and noticed it stayed in chamber one for a few minutes then worked itself to chamber two where the heavier more condensed oil swirled around but the lighter broken down oil made it's way to chamber 3 where it stayed and did not make it's way back to the tan. That makes me wonder if I modify the return line to make the tunze fit would chamber 3 be a better place than two?  Also would running two pumps make the flow in the sump so high it would render the skimmer useless? I don't want power heads cluttering the tank. Both returns would be 1/2 inch split loc line totalling 4 nozzles for random cross flow.  Please tell me your thoughts even if you think it is ridiculous.