Pod Your Reef

# of rock flower anemones in 3.7 gallon?

Jmt17

I can order 8 rock flower anemones for $100 shipped. I have a 3.7 gallon nano, currently only a small cuc. Would 8 rfa be pushing it for a tank this small?  Seems like it to me. I suppose I could sell a few or trade for store credit at the lfs. Opinions?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Did you buy the 8 rock flowers in the end?

I had 8 rock flower anemones in a 15 liter tank (roughly 3.7 gallon), it was ok until they started to get bigger, then it got a bit crowded so I bought a bigger tank devoted for these beauties!:D

1504977195661602989508.jpg

• Like 1
On 8/4/2017 at 0:26 AM, Jmt17 said:

I can order 8 rock flower anemones for $100 shipped. I have a 3.7 gallon nano, currently only a small cuc. Would 8 rfa be pushing it for a tank this small?  Seems like it to me. I suppose I could sell a few or trade for store credit at the lfs. Opinions?

They can get up to six inches or so.......I doubt you would have much room for long. 

1 minute ago, RFA Maria said:

Why?:) Is it moving around alot ending up too close to other corals?

Yep. It never moved for 9 months and then it went "walk about" all over everything. I recently had to remove it from the top of my reef. 

4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Yep. It never moved for 9 months and then it went "walk about" all over everything. I recently had to remove it from the top of my reef. 

Hmm, I've read a few of the threads on here about these nems before I became a member, and it seems like that has happend a few times.. Did you change anything about the tank just before it started on it's round tour?:) 

3 minutes ago, RFA Maria said:

Hmm, I've read a few of the threads on here about these nems before I became a member, and it seems like that has happend a few times.. Did you change anything about the tank just before it started on it's round tour?:) 

From all I've seen and read some never move and some never stop moving.  

You need to start a tank thread so we can see more of yours as they grow.  Also if you haven't yet check out @FlowerMama    She has a great RFA set up.  

I feel a bit "unexperienced" compared to flowermama (have read her threads: baby nursery ang blooming tank of generosity:D) and you guys on here:) so feel a bit shy to start up a thread:blush:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RFA Maria said:

I feel a bit "unexperienced" compared to flowermama (have read her threads: baby nursery ang blooming tank of generosity:D) and you guys on here:) so feel a bit shy to start up a thread:blush:

Just do it! :happydance: 

Hmm. *buiding up the courage with a picture of one of my small favourite nem!* :wub: Sorry for the crappy picture. Have ordered some lenses for my phone, can't wait for them to arrive so I can take nicer pictures of my nems:D

15049815524882067827250.jpg

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Mark1313 said:

Couple of frag fests coming up in my area. I have 1 rfa on my shopping list for my 25 liter.

Also read @FlowerMamathread and it helped me decide. 

Looks great Maria!  

You guys are sooo LUCKY having things lije frag fests and frag swaps happening around you!:) There's absolutely nothing like that Kind of scale here in Norway:unsure: jealous:D