Coral Vue Hydros

TheEasterBunny's Fullview 7G

theeasterbunny

theeasterbunny
4 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Scape looks good. Moving tiny friends over? Do you have another tank?

Thanks! Yeah, I haven't posted it but I have a 32G LED Biocube. I'm slowly breaking it down to this nano and a 6ft 180G. Gotta cover both ends of the spectrum lol.

• Like 1
theeasterbunny

a2DMZt9.jpgIW1KU79.jpg

Wet! I was going to wait until the end of the week but thou has no patience. A little rock dust escaped from the crevices but this is pretty much it so far.

Thoughts So Far:

-Tank is cute, when viewing the full tank in person at eye level there's a weird illusion that the bottom of the tank is tilted upwards, I enjoy it. I'm not sure if it's because I have starboard at the bottom though. 

-I'm probably going to change this pump out for something stronger in the next few days

-I think I'm going to build myself a little media basket of some sorts as it just comes with a section for ceramic media / bioballs / sponges. Not a big fan of sponges, which is another reason I want to change the pump out. They have it sitting on a sponge with makes it quiet and all but they get gross.

-The back chambers feel roomy in comparison to the size of the tank, I don't feel like there's any issues getting back there

All in all it's a nice little tank with a unique shape and as of now I'd recommend it if you want something different. I think it'll be great after some modifications, just like any other All in One tbh. If I were going to buy it again I'd probably buy it with the back chambers installed but empty and just start with all my own stuff back there as that's going to be the case anyways.

As for other additions - I'll be putting my MP-10 on here, and I ordered the new AquaMaxx Prism out of curiosity and lack of reviews. I decided to let this be an experimental thread as this is a tank I'm just having fun with. We'll see how it goes.

• Like 3
theeasterbunny

LvHLPOr.jpg

UA2Sk9G.jpg

Just a good photo of the corner of my desk / the tank front-on since it's a little cleaner. Working on seeing if I can create a janky media basket out of eggcrate later today and decided to upgrade the pump to a MJ600 that is on its way.

• Like 2
theeasterbunny

annnnd....we have life! The current tenants. Orange Spotted Filefish I had for a few days short of a month in my 32G BC. They're weaned and eat well/competitively but I put them here to get them eating as much of a variety as possible before I move them to the 180 I'm working on. Ideally this tank will ultimately just contain my pair of Biota Mandarins.

I threw some rock from my other tank in the back before I put these guys in and upgraded to the MJ600, there is a trio of snails in there as well.

SCJ9kPg.jpg

D2JD22P.jpg

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, theeasterbunny said:

annnnd....we have life! The current tenants. Orange Spotted Filefish I had for a few days short of a month in my 32G BC. They're weaned and eat well/competitively but I put them here to get them eating as much of a variety as possible before I move them to the 180 I'm working on. Ideally this tank will ultimately just contain my pair of Biota Mandarins.

I threw some rock from my other tank in the back before I put these guys in and upgraded to the MJ600, there is a trio of snails in there as well.

Gorgeous fish. 

• Like 1
theeasterbunny

3c2gLKZ.jpg

Lights installed, shows up more blue in video/pics, I'm sure you guys know the struggle. 

Just a quick video after I threw a little of an Ova blend in.

I'm starting to think about coral..... :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

I was thinking about doing this very same thing and then came across this thread. How do you like the tank and the harlequin pair in it? Also, where did you get them and was it hard to get them eating?