Current FTS - August 5th 

N5ctQix.jpg

Lifegard Fullview 7G + Aquamaxx Prism 24w

2x Orange Spotted Filefish

------------------

Original Post

Zq1wHEC.jpg

Hey Guys! Look what I got! 

Decided to do a thread about the process as they're pretty new and I'm sure at least some of you are curious. I jumped on it as soon as I saw it. We'll see how it goes. Going to get the scape put together in the next few days. Waiting for a few more things.

Bonus pics of my bengal being jealous of attention directed at something other than her. 

yTxThaO.jpgOPOer16.jpg

• Like 7
theeasterbunny
2 minutes ago, chevegan said:

Very cool I love this style if tank. The Denver aquarium has a large one and keeps cuttlefish in it at times!

Thanks! I love it too, hopefully it's not too hard to keep clean.

Cuttlefish are my favorite, too bad they're no good for home aquariums :( 

theeasterbunny

Came with the top, it makes me a little nervous though as it's glass and I'm clumsy so I honestly may switch it out later.

• Like 1

I thought these were pre-order at this point, didn't realize they had any to ship out - I was looking at them the other day and they seem really unique with a cool angle to view things from. That's so cool that you got one and it will be fun to see what you do with it! 

• Like 1
theeasterbunny
1 hour ago, hinnenkm said:

I thought these were pre-order at this point, didn't realize they had any to ship out - I was looking at them the other day and they seem really unique with a cool angle to view things from. That's so cool that you got one and it will be fun to see what you do with it! 

They are on MarineDepot, but the wait time was a bit too long for my liking, so I got mine from aquaticspro.me, they were really nice and got me straightened out. 

I see most they have are on PreOrder now until July 31st except the 5G so maybe they sold out? Not sure honestly. Marine Depot told me like August 13th or something though

2 minutes ago, theeasterbunny said:

They are on MarineDepot, but the wait time was a bit too long for my liking, so I got mine from aquaticspro.me, they were really nice and got me straightened out. 

I see most they have are on PreOrder now until July 31st except the 5G so maybe they sold out? Not sure honestly. Marine Depot told me like August 13th or something though

I see, thanks for your response! I'm actually really interested in hearing your opinions as this gets up and running...

theeasterbunny
13 minutes ago, hinnenkm said:

I see, thanks for your response! I'm actually really interested in hearing your opinions as this gets up and running...

I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I get it wet, I'm thinking about replacing the pump and I haven't yet decided on a light so any suggestions will be appreciated :)

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, theeasterbunny said:

I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I get it wet, I'm thinking about replacing the pump and I haven't yet decided on a light so any suggestions will be appreciated :)

Sounds great! As far as lighting, I've always been a fan of the nanobox units - have them over both of my tanks.

theeasterbunny

LznzDB1.jpg

P0ktS2h.jpg

cB68Uq1.jpg

Finished the 'scape... considering I don't somehow ruin it putting it in the tank. Used ReefCleaners box of Rubble Rock. Still have a ton left too. 

Going to try to place them at an angle to play with depth in that slanted area.

• Like 5

Love the aquascape 

Maybe epoxy it out if tank so you Don't lose the design.

Your cat is beautiful. I absolutely love cats and I'd love a Bengal 

• Like 1
theeasterbunny
8 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Love the aquascape 

Maybe epoxy it out if tank so you Don't lose the design.

Your cat is beautiful. I absolutely love cats and I'd love a Bengal 

I used super glue to give it a little hold, and I'll probably go over it a second time with some more but being that it's such a small tank I wanted to be able to take it apart rather easily if I noticed issues like a snail dying or something. That and it seemed like all the well reviewed epoxy was purple and it would drive me absolutely nuts to look at that until the rock matched. 

Thank you! She's a joy. I'd definitely recommend getting a Bengal, especially if you'd like a puppy-cat. She's all the good parts of both a dog and a cat.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, theeasterbunny said:

I used super glue to give it a little hold, and I'll probably go over it a second time with some more but being that it's such a small tank I wanted to be able to take it apart rather easily if I noticed issues like a snail dying or something. That and it seemed like all the well reviewed epoxy was purple and it would drive me absolutely nuts to look at that until the rock matched. 

Thank you! She's a joy. I'd definitely recommend getting a Bengal, especially if you'd like a puppy-cat. She's all the good parts of both a dog and a cat.

I actually hate the purple epoxy. It doesn't stick very well and stands out.

I started using grey epoxy and it works better(don't know why) and it blends better.

It's the aquastik in grey.

Maybe in the future I'll get a bengal. I have a Siamese and he is a sucky baby. Very puppy-cat--baby like.

theeasterbunny
14 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I actually hate the purple epoxy. It doesn't stick very well and stands out.

I started using grey epoxy and it works better(don't know why) and it blends better.

It's the aquastik in grey.

Maybe in the future I'll get a bengal. I have a Siamese and he is a sucky baby. Very puppy-cat--baby like.

I might try some of the grey in the places you can't really see so there's extra hold but still looks "natural" thanks for the recommendation!

Yeah she's similar in personality super cuddly but also really dog like, I really wanted a Ragdoll but my SO convinced me to get a Bengal and I definitely don't regret it.

6 hours ago, theeasterbunny said:

I used aqua maxx reef welder in purple on my contest tank. works great and is really easy to use. But I don't like the purple either. It also comes in white, which I wish I had used.

• Like 1
theeasterbunny

z0dGbAn.jpgaP4absd.jpg

Sorry about the glare, lighting is a little weird in here today, but the rock is in tank! :) Didn't mess it up too much but I added a little bit here and there. Ended up using mostly superglue with putty on the inside to hold the bigger pieces together. I'm pretty happy with it!

Bought some Prodibio StartUp as an experiment of sorts, don't think I would go that route on a bigger tank but we'll see how that works here being that I heard such stellar reviews. If there's any issues I'll use something from my existing tank to counteract it.

Probably going to get it wet sometime next week, use the Prodibio and add pods / a few snails while testing. I don't want to risk any fish.... but once everything seems safe I'll be moving some tiny friends over :D

• Like 4