Cultivated Reef

reefrox

Hello.

Thought I would share what I've used to mount my nanobox duo plus m led light to my reefer 170.

Initially since I was running my new nanobox in conjunction with my geisman t5 fixture, I had to custom make a custom bracket.. then decided to do Led only. And since my light setup had a hanging kit and not a gooseneck I had to find a tank mount fixture. Ended up with the AI hms single mount kit from bulk reef supply. Not perfect but works great. Basically just hung the light on the mount.

Here are some pics..

20170614_121954.jpg

20170614_122002.jpg

20170614_121637.jpg

• Like 2
mitten_reef

I, too, utilized an AI kit. In my case, I use the classic tank-mount system to "hang" my QUAD.

34025189633_d7819f5330_b.jpg

This was a pic when the Quad was just resting on the cross-bar. But still similar effect from the front view of the tank. 

34265940681_846f2b17b1_b.jpg

• Like 2
22 hours ago, DaveFason said:

These are great guys! 

-Dave

Thanks Dave,

Also had a question, do you know any sites that rent out par meters.. would be cool to test my tank.

15 hours ago, reefrox said:

Thanks Dave,

Also had a question, do you know any sites that rent out par meters.. would be cool to test my tank.

I do not know of any. I would personally see if you have a local club or store that does this. 

-Dave

On 6/14/2017 at 1:04 PM, micoastreefing said:

I, too, utilized an AI kit. In my case, I use the classic tank-mount system to "hang" my QUAD.

34025189633_d7819f5330_b.jpg

This was a pic when the Quad was just resting on the cross-bar. But still similar effect from the front view of the tank. 

34265940681_846f2b17b1_b.jpg

Nice! What are those 2 small plates across the rail the nanobox is mounted on? It doesn't come with the rail kit right?

• Like 1
mitten_reef
1 hour ago, Chungy said:

Nice! What are those 2 small plates across the rail the nanobox is mounted on? It doesn't come with the rail kit right?

Thanks! The bars are original part of AI accessories. I tried to find a link but couldn't find any, most sites say that the bars had been discontinued. It's called "AquaIllumination Parallel Mount Kit for Classic Rail System" on my invoice. It's a $10 add-on so that you can mount the light parallel to the long side of the tank.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

Thanks! The bars are original part of AI accessories. I tried to find a link but couldn't find any, most sites say that the bars had been discontinued. It's called "AquaIllumination Parallel Mount Kit for Classic Rail System" on my invoice. It's a $10 add-on so that you can mount the light parallel to the long side of the tank.  Hope that helps.

Thanks, looks like I need to make another conduit hanger for my quad. 

• Like 1