Pod Your Reef

time to update lights

Milky Way

Guys !!! Looks like my new corals doesn't like new light AT ALL.

It's look like the greene birds nest is about to bleach, duncan and zoas are closed 

any ideas??? what should i change I'm my light??

19114713_1910030099259956_1719228153_n.jpg

19184149_1910030102593289_1806070446_n.jpg

3 minutes ago, moosubi said:

@Milky Way did you set an acclimation mode at all?  It's a strong little light, if you went from stock to straight 40-50ish%, too much too fast.

i didn't at all. 

should i do it not or its too late now

• Like 1

Not too late, leave the light settings where you want them to be at the end, than I would try acclimation at 50% for all channels for 3-4 weeks.  I actually acclimated to my Prime HD over 8 weeks, so if you're willing to do that, then go for it!  But I would recommend at least 4 if you're already having bleaching.  You can always adjust/restart the acclimation if it's too dark, but less light > too much light.

• Like 1

The Ai's are very strong. Accidently burned a hole in my chair when setting it up so it can burn corals.

I started mine at 30% and increased 3% a week

• Like 1

Oh and when I say acclimation at 50%, I mean use the built in acclimation mode, not set the values to 50%.  If you want to do it manually each week, turn em down to at least 30 for now like clown suggested.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, moosubi said:

Oh and when I say acclimation at 50%, I mean use the built in acclimation mode, not set the values to 50%.  If you want to do it manually each week, turn em down to at least 30 for now like clown suggested.

4 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

The Ai's are very strong. Accidently burned a hole in my chair when setting it up so it can burn corals.

I started mine at 30% and increased 3% a week

is my coral going to regrow ??? It's so stressful !!!! you spend so much money and time on this tank and it just bleached so easily like that for 1 day

2 minutes ago, Milky Way said:

is my coral going to regrow ??? It's so stressful !!!! you spend so much money and time on this tank and it just bleached so easily like that for 1 day

It'll come back if you cut the light down.  Your light swap was basically moving from Canada to Hawaii in January.  Too little light will slow down growth and color development, too much light will just cook em...

PS: I like Canada, no offense :P

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Milky Way said:

It should grow back. just take it slow and you'll be fine. And, your right. Spend so much time doing it right and then one little thing can screw it all up. We've all been there before. Where i live, storms cause power outages and that usually equals disaster. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Hirsh said:

It should grow back. just take it slow and you'll be fine. And, your right. Spend so much time doing it right and then one little thing can screw it all up. We've all been there before. Where i live, storms cause power outages and that usually equals disaster. 

41 minutes ago, moosubi said:

It'll come back if you cut the light down.  Your light swap was basically moving from Canada to Hawaii in January.  Too little light will slow down growth and color development, too much light will just cook em...

thank you guys for your support! will cut the lights till 30% and will increase 3% each week. will see what will happen.

• Like 1

I feel your pain, just found my clownfish in a cup next to my tank. Ugh. I think i found him to late, but i put some water in the cup to see if maybe he isn't a complete goner. I guess thats what I get for not putting a top on my tank.

10 minutes ago, Hirsh said:

I feel your pain, just found my clownfish in a cup next to my tank. Ugh. I think i found him to late, but i put some water in the cup to see if maybe he isn't a complete goner. I guess thats what I get for not putting a top on my tank.

ohhh noooo I'm so sorry to hear that !!! did it alive??? For how long did you have it??? I should learn from your mistake and get a cover myself

probably about 3 months. Nope, he's in fish heaven now. Poor guy, i hate when i lose a fish. Now i have to go get another one before my little boy sees that it is gone. I really don't like having tops on my tanks. In the past 10 years I've been in this hobby, I've only had one other fish jump out and die. Feeling bummed out. 

4 hours ago, moosubi said:

None taken?

1 hour ago, Hirsh said:

probably about 3 months. Nope, he's in fish heaven now. Poor guy, i hate when i lose a fish. Now i have to go get another one before my little boy sees that it is gone. I really don't like having tops on my tanks. In the past 10 years I've been in this hobby, I've only had one other fish jump out and die. Feeling bummed out. 

I'm sorry for the loss. It truly sucks.

I prefer an open top but I prefer not taking the risks anymore.

I've lost 2 to jumping. A few months ago my husband found my goby in the morning in front of the tank. I have a mesh lid but somehow it jumped out the tiny are near my filter. I was totally bummed by the loss.