Top Shelf Aquatics

40b rescue tank.

Nidilsky

23 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Try superglue on the vermetids, just a little dollop over their tubes.

Ok! Thanks. Man, Rufus(my blenny) just bit me! Drew blood.

So much algae. I think my halimeda went sexual. Something,  I don't know. I have been working so much, been kind of neglectful the last few days.

On 6/14/2017 at 10:17 PM, Nidilsky said:

Ok! Thanks. Man, Rufus(my blenny) just bit me! Drew blood.

No problem, and yowch!  Not nice Rufus!

14 minutes ago, Nidilsky said:

So much algae. I think my halimeda went sexual. Something,  I don't know. I have been working so much, been kind of neglectful the last few days.

Heh I know that feeling lol.  Work gets crazy and it is all I can do to feed myself and the hedgehog lol.

• Like 1

Trip to Michigan went good. Returned to a major wc in waiting. My neighbor was nice enough to feed the tank in my absence.

Parameters are good. Nitrates crept up to a tad less than 5 ppm.

Wc went uneventfully. Finally, got the algae somewhat under control. 

No new sponge growth that I have seen.

Bird's nest is showing growth and looks great. 

All fish are super healthy looking and no aggression whatsoever. Quite the opposite.  Rufus, Juice and Peppers swim together regularly. Rufus also hangs out with Hen at their favorite shady spot under the trumpets. 

Pretty sure that Nigel is prepping another brood. I am ready this time with rotifers going in all tanks and a culture simmering away In a 5 gallon bucket (which I thin into the fuge every other day). The tisbes I put in, going nutso.

• Like 1

Parameters are excellent.

Spike and the gobies have ich in a big way.  They continue to eat, however, so I hesitate to treat them. 

Having a diatom bloom. The new RODI system? Most likely. 

Also, I have a floating green algae on the surface of my water...even with plenty of circulation. The diatoms and algae seemed to start when I began 1) to use my RODI and 2) using coral frenzy. 

I am on the verge of using a different light on my fuge, as the growth of everything in there is stagnant.

Massive pod hatch they are everywhere.

Some people have success "beating" ich just by feeding nutritious food, and the fish seems to fight it off on its own without a relapse. 

However if I were you I would just pull the fish out and treat them, and then let the tank run fallow. Just better long term.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Squared said:

How do you plan to treat? I used copper safe once on some clowns, turned out really well.

Cupramine. Maybe. There's also formaldehyde. Or low salinity. All not entirely safe. Don't know if I'll do anything, accept continually feeding them. 

6 minutes ago, Nidilsky said:

Rufus,  the coolest fish on the planet is no more. 

I forgot to put my lid back and he jumped ship.

You will be missed my friend.

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

20 hours ago, Nidilsky said:

Picture for Weetie. Still don't know what it is. But it's cool looking. 

14980963503551981564406.jpg

You talkin' bout the white stuff on the Botryocladia?

I'm not sure what it is either, but yeah, looks cool. 

Botryocladia looks good and healthy too, nice job. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

You talkin' bout the white stuff on the Botryocladia?

I'm not sure what it is either, but yeah, looks cool. 

Botryocladia looks good and healthy too, nice job. 

Thanks! I love that stuff. Rufus was so cool. 

14981712230211751040925.jpg

On 6/21/2017 at 11:41 PM, Nidilsky said:

Cupramine. Maybe. There's also formaldehyde. Or low salinity. All not entirely safe. Don't know if I'll do anything, accept continually feeding them. 

If you look on my thread around the time I got the baby clown last month, you can see some info to read about the tank transfer method to treat ich.  Might be worth looking into.

• Like 1

Parameters are good. 0 nitrates. Last time I tested it was around 5.

Tank feels empty. Almost bought a tailspot. 

Having issues with coral placement. Bought a new powerhead...i think it just muddied the waters even more. I bought a plexuara and have no idea where to put it. It seems ok where it is, but don't think it's getting enough flow. 

I guess I am just not so happy with the aquascape. Kind of wishing i hadnt epoxied the corals i have, where their at.

Feeling stuck.

38 minutes ago, Nidilsky said:

Parameters are good. 0 nitrates. Last time I tested it was around 5.

Tank feels empty. Almost bought a tailspot. 

Having issues with coral placement. Bought a new powerhead...i think it just muddied the waters even more. I bought a plexuara and have no idea where to put it. It seems ok where it is, but don't think it's getting enough flow. 

I guess I am just not so happy with the aquascape. Kind of wishing i hadnt epoxied the corals i have, where their at.

Feeling stuck.

Maybe post a pic of 'scape?

What about it is bugging you?

Tailspots are pretty cool.

22 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Maybe post a pic of 'scape?

What about it is bugging you?

Tailspots are pretty cool.

Not sure what's bugging me! Lol. That's the problem. 

Biggest thing is getting the right corals in the right spot.

10 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Did I miss some thing? Why would you consider getting another fish if you have fish with ich?

You're right. You did miss something, I said almost. Consider policing after a crime is committed. Thanks.

1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Sorry I thought my comment would bring up how the ich was treated. I did not mean it to be negative. Please except my apology Bad wording.

No problem. You are right, though. I shouldn't even consider buying any new fish. 

I have a hospital tank in the works. But, other things have come up to spend my money on.

Again I am sorry usually I try to make my comments positive. That post was a complete fail and should have included a question about another tank or a QT and treatment. I usually only fail when trying to be funny. 

2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Again I am sorry usually I try to make my comments positive. That post was a complete fail and should have included a question about another tank or a QT and treatment. I usually only fail when trying to be funny. 

No worries! We're good. 

• Like 2