Coral Vue Hydros

cycling with live sand and rocks

Milky Way

do you think so??/

I don't know. My clowns act weird  when i turn it on. They don't swim all over the tank they just stay in 1 corner all day long. As soon as i turn it off the start swimming everywhere. 

I tried to reposition it but still too much flow.

Its HYDOR 425.

Any advises  ?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cakes_the kid

Try a hydor 240 powerhead or maybe try keeping the 425 and add  a wave controller they might not like the constant one direction flow all day long

4 hours ago, Cakes_the kid said:

Try a hydor 240 powerhead or maybe try keeping the 425 and add  a wave controller they might not like the constant one direction flow all day long

...or just wait until your tank is more established, biologically speaking, and settled in more before you plug it in, giving your existing filter/pumps time to create a rhythm,

they will be the main cycle for water exchange anyways, while the added power head is just that, an addition. IMO, the need for for hyper-circulation, especially in a nano type tank, is for the well being of the critters, more bio load (corals/fish/inverts), increased circulation is desirable, say as you build your system and add your larger corals.

...just a possible option.

Archived