Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Reefnewby82's SPS/LPS mixed reef 58g

ReefNewby82

ReefNewby82

thanks!  ill have to get a picture of my wifes tank on here.  she puts my new set up to shame lol.  she loves bright colored softies...and zoanthids

• Like 2
ReefNewby82

It's finally Friday....long week!  Only 1 more day for our local frag swap.  As much as I love these things...this one has taken a toll on me for planning!  If anyone is in Indiana besides Lawn, you should Def come check this one out...

• Like 1
ReefNewby82

20170311_235338.jpg

20170303_082829.jpg

Wife's tank up close.  Custom everything with almost all Reef Octopus equipment...

Wire management cleaned up since picture...

20161003_091335.jpg

• Like 1
ReefNewby82

thanks folks!!  she doesnt do anything except test salinity, add water to her Ruby ATO resivoir, and ask me to do a water change when she deems necessary.  makes me sick....i am always tinkering with my tank and have had problems off and on from day 1 lol

ReefNewby82
On 3/23/2017 at 6:59 AM, vlangel said:

Would you mind taking a pic of the seahorse feeder you use?  What is RG seahorses?

Sorry I missed this.  I will for sure post up a pic...lemme see if I have one.

Here is a pic...the new on yellow seahorse feeders.  We sell them or SC does too.  The ponies love hitching onto this and waiting for their stinky mysis!

We only order in ReefGen or ORA seahorses at PA.  

20160914_155335.jpg

6 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Oooooh, pretty!!!

If I lived nearby at all, you better believe I'd be at that Frag Swap!!

Hope it finishes up well for you. 

Thanks!  Long week and month...that's for sure.

Truck is loaded...products are loaded up, now i just gotta fish out frags at 6am for my personal swap tank.   Good thing I have my friend Alpha King from 3 Floyd's with me this evening...

20170324_101649.jpg

20170324_184050.jpg

• Like 2
14 hours ago, ReefNewby82 said:

Sorry I missed this.  I will for sure post up a pic...lemme see if I have one.

Here is a pic...the new on yellow seahorse feeders.  We sell them or SC does too.  The ponies love hitching onto this and waiting for their stinky mysis!

We only order in ReefGen or ORA seahorses at PA.  

20160914_155335.jpg

Thanks!  Long week and month...that's for sure.

Truck is loaded...products are loaded up, now i just gotta fish out frags at 6am for my personal swap tank.   Good thing I have my friend Alpha King from 3 Floyd's with me this evening...

20170324_101649.jpg

20170324_184050.jpg

Thanks for getting back to me on that.  Now I have another question...how far down into the tank do the yellow seahorse feeders go?  I am guessing about 9" from the pic with the seahorse on the feeder but I can't be sure how big that seahorse is.  So both Premium Aquatic and SC (saltwater critters?) carry those feeders?

• Like 1
ReefNewby82

I apologize, i will have to measure those for you next week.  But I would say about  8 or 9 yes...

Premium Aquatics and Saltcritters yes. Not sure about Salty but we have quite a few in stock of a couple different colors.  I wanna say clear black and the neon yellow...?  For display in retail I sure love the yellow lol.  

At home on a back black wall to blend in is cool too.  

11 hours ago, vlangel said:

Thanks for getting back to me on that.  Now I have another question...how far down into the tank do the yellow seahorse feeders go?  I am guessing about 9" from the pic with the seahorse on the feeder but I can't be sure how big that seahorse is.  So both Premium Aquatic and SC (saltwater critters?) carry those feeders?

Man today was bonkers....ending up only picking up a couple of corals for my wife's tank at the INDMAS swap.  A red dragon from Aquavista99, and a sweet red planet chunk from my buddy Reefaddicted12.   I'll see if I can get pics tomorrow during tank maintenance day.

On 3/23/2017 at 6:54 PM, ReefNewby82 said:

Top down from the loft where my wife's tank is  :P

20170322_225535.jpg

Wife's tank from afar....I know you dig my lava lamp game too

20170121_204536.jpg

Oops I meant top down of my DT in our foyer, I was standing on top of my lounge chair looking over our divider trying to get a cool pic lol.

My wife loves the purples and maroon and red colors, so as sweet as her reef is already, I will be secretly replacing some of the dominant green gsp and xenia on the right side with some maroon sticks and gorgs I hope.   I'll see if I can get pics tomorrow during tank maintenance day.

Since her stoopid perfect reef repairs corals overnight, I also moved a mini colony of my superman digi over two weeks ago.  My DT has had some issues going on and some of my sticks have had better days. 

Least I can have a digi clone in her magic water survive my onslaught of micro and macro menaces I've battled lol.  Love ya babe ;v)  

Night nano reef...just put in a 18 hour day.  If a telemarketer or an in law call before 1pm and wake me up, I shall digitize myself and choke them through the cordless...

• Like 1

Thanks for the good morning laughs I got from your post!! :lol:

Glad yesterday was successful, hope you've gotten some great rest and are now revived. 

What differences do you see in the setup and how they are run, between your tank and your wife's? I'm wondering where the "magic water" is coming from. 

• Like 1
ReefNewby82

Weetz...good morning to you!  I took a picture of the Zoanthids I originally got for Jenn.  But due to her unknowingly stealing my red dragon and planet, I think I just might need to make these grow on my back wall of my SPS soul crushing tank.  Something bright might make me happy...

So my tank, it's a Frankenstein that I crafted together when I first moved to indy off of CL.  It has a biocube for a sump, hang on back (side) skimmer, hang on side TLF reactor and a hang on side UV.  You get the point.  Ive had tanks since I was 12...granted most FW until 2012, bUT I never needed the fancy gadgets I just relied on me paying daily attention to the water and inhabitants.

So I went with that approach on this tank also.  The tank and stand were a combination used, and had to find something that would fit inside that whack azz stand.  Hence the biocube...

Now for Jenn's tank....she hasn't been able to keep fish since day 1 which was 3.5 years ago for this tank.  Velvet, jumpers, tardos that just wouldn't eat...and even a 6 line who probably 6 times swam inside her hang on back RO skimmer.  That trunk monkey kept swimming up the intake while running ORRR when power went off it would swim UP the drain part!  Well now I know why they have 6 lines cuz it takes them that many times to figure out not to do something.  Took me over 1.5 hours each time to rescue that fish.  The 6th time she went to the fish abyss  ;v (

But until now she was same approach.  Hang on skimmer, koralia etc.  After her tankS sprung a leak 2x in 3 weeks.  I said pffttt and bought all new from PA and set her up on this tank with some nice stuff.  She deserves it she is awesome!

Here is a pic of the zoa for my Errrrrr, her tank!

20170326_001325.jpg

4 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Thanks for the good morning laughs I got from your post!! :lol:

Glad yesterday was successful, hope you've gotten some great rest and are now revived. 

What differences do you see in the setup and how they are run, between your tank and your wife's? I'm wondering where the "magic water" is coming from. 

• Like 1
ReefNewby82

So not sure that they will make it in on this week's order, but ordered in a bongo shrimp for Jenn's tank.  I've seen some asterina stars in the past munching down her GSP and zoas.  Will see if this colorful Micro invert of the sea can put a dent on the population.  

Here is a pic I found off of net for reference.  We love the little inverts that are out there:  Bongo Shrimp and Bruuns Cleaner shrimp (red speckle)

I also ordered a pair of Bruuns cleaner shrimp for my DT.  Hopefully they come in decent sized and not the size of the Pedersen listed everywhere lately!  

Picture004-6.jpg

DSC_7394_I2B_ps.jpg

ReefNewby82

Yeah I've never seen one in person...such cool inverts!  

On 3/27/2017 at 8:21 PM, Weetabix7 said:

Oooh, Bongo Shrimp are cool, haven't seen those in ages!!!

ReefNewby82

Have a pair of Gumdrop Coral crouchers coming in for my drop off register tank at PA today.  Anyone ever had these before?  Been researching them this week...they are pretty cool little boogers!  

Let me know your experience of anyone has kept them please.  Supplier said they are eating mysis and brine currently.  I love this drop off tank too...so cool!

20161021_143059.jpg

• Like 1

I haven't kept Gumdrop Coral Crouchers myself, but I've seen them in someone else's tank a few years back and I remember being quite impressed with them. 

I'll tell you this much, if they were at my work I'd be snatching one up to take home. 

• Like 1
ReefNewby82

Lol!  These guys are definitely cool.  Brought in some sweet stuff this week for locals.  I just happen to be one of them!

Thanks Survey!  Come on down I'm here all the time lol

6 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

I haven't kept Gumdrop Coral Crouchers myself, but I've seen them in someone else's tank a few years back and I remember being quite impressed with them. 

I'll tell you this much, if they were at my work I'd be snatching one up to take home. 

7 hours ago, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

Those are some great looking zoa's.   I need to get down to premium soon.

• Like 1
ReefNewby82

Here is a pic of the bruun's cleaning partner.  Got a pair...

Pretty cool, they also do this little dance like the Sexy shrimp.  These guys almost waddle their front pincers like they are holding a baby.  Quite interesting...

Put like 1/3 cube of cyclops in before this pic.  The inverts come alive in the loft tank!  20170330_220420.thumb.jpg.5b1ea786ce8b50dcd64fc2d32070e723.jpg

20170330_220431.jpg

ReefNewby82

Got a sweet cycloceris for my tank in the foyer at home.  Slowly going to be transitioning the reef to about 80% lps, 20% sps or so.  

Had to frag some of the superman digi the other day cuz the macro found its way back up the center.  Lame...will have to prolly frag the rest of it up too.  Then find a new centerpiece colony to fill the void in my heart the digi will cause ; v (

20170331_083512.jpg

20170331_001340.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
ReefNewby82

Been a couple of long weeks...lots going on at work and home.  3 of our best friends grandparents passed away one week apart from each other.  So lots of funerals...for our people friends and a couple for my tank friends.

The SPS carnage continued in my DT.  All of my 4 mature colonies perished, even after dipping, fragging, tried to swap tanks and was only able to save a chunk of my superman digi.  Even more of a slap in the face the little glowing rainbow bright jerk quit dying and colored up and looked more happy than ever.  I think Jenn just acts like she doesn't know how to work on the tank so I do it all...and when I look away she sprinkles magic reef dust.  She is beautiful and a wizard...

I did happen to find a score from our most reputable supplier around for a rainbow acan colony.  It is loving life in my DT whilst any old coral hates me and all my efforts to make them happy.  Perams are Hella on point as always....

Anyway here are a few crappy pics and some food to show ya how I like to get down on the grille :v)

20170420_203753.jpg

20170422_185004.jpg

20170421_194733.jpg